Thread: Out-Panning (Controller 94) doesn't work ?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    i just wanted to have a midi channel's output on out-2, so i tried controller 94 and it didn't work, it just plays on out-1. i can pan audio between out1 and out2 using the virtual channels and other midi controllers like panning (controller 10) work like they should, i just don't have a clue what can be wrong.
    system: ews64 xl, hardware 1.20, vxd 2.8, drv 2.15, firmware 2.51, os windows95, out1/2 connected to external mixer
    software: cubasis, ... (i'm sure that's not the cause)
    the sound with which i checked this was a simple mono bassdrum as the only sample in ews memory.
    anyone got the same problem? i really need to get it working, to use out-1 as fx machine and out-2 as a sampler output.

thanks for any help!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Hello Matthias,

the dig out 2 is only available for the ews64 synth, if you switch off reverb and chorus via FX-Panel. Additional you have to disable the switch EQ/V-Space-Send for MIDI.
    With the very recommendable program EWS64 ProMix from Uwe Kindler you can switch EWS-MIDI to 4 channel mode and send all MIDI-sounds to out 2. If you want to use both outs for MIDI, you should center the dial pan with a doubleclick on the field pan:
    Now you can use controller 94 separatly for each MIDI-instrument to control the front/rear balance.

If you can speak german, you should take a look at my homepage http://www.studio4all.de :
    There you will find a lot of informations hints around the EWS64.

With kind regards
    Werner

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi werner,

thanks a lot for your detailed explanations about out-2. i finally got it working, but it seems i have to trash my dream of having a sampler and effect unit in one, by having an effect send of an external mixer connected to the left channel of in-1, routing the output of the right channel of out-1 (the effect only) to a mono channel of the external mixer and using out-2 for midi playback only. it looks like you have to decide - midi on out-2 or effects. bad luck this time.

and - yes, i speak german, very detailed site you've got, guess i'll check back someday =)

greetings, matthias

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Matthias,

I forgot to mention the following possibility:
    Even with activated Reverb and Chorus you can route each Virtual Channel of the EWS-Synth to out 2!
    If you import f.e. a single instrument as an audiotrack you're able to use your external effect unit via out 2 for this track simultaneously to reverb an chorus of the EWS64.

Greetings
    Werner