Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi ,
    after going through lot of trouble, we have our ews64XL, rev1.2 running, except for one problem in Cubase 5:
    while 4 track recording the tracks coming in via codec have a little lag. the lag grows the longer the recording takes. sometimes at the beginning all 4 track are in sync sometimes not.
    second thing, maybe connected with this one is the asio multimedia setup. Started without Cubase we have a running configuration, all test are ok. When you start the Asiosetup out of Cubase the same configuration produces several lost syncs while testing!? (i?ve done orgiastic testing on this, but no way to get within cubase a running configuration...)
    I used especialy the tips on studio4all.de (except disabling the codec - but we need 4 track rec.) and everything else i?ve found in the net but i don?t know where the problem is.
    I would be very pleased about every little hint what we?ve done wrong. OS is win98 (w2k was not soo pleased about the ews ;-), system an Athlon 750 and, I think NMC-Board, 256MB, Ide/SCSI, ET6000PCI grafics - tested without drivers..)
    thanks Hanjo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello Hanjo,

unfortunately you cannot make 4-channel records (Synth + Codec) with the EWS64, only 2-channel records (Synth or Codec) are possible.
    This will be the reason for all your sync problems in Cubase with the EWS ASIO multimedia driver:
    you have activated both inputs, and this doesn't work.

You need a second sound card to realize 4-channel-recording.

Regards,
    Werner