Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

It is very easy and costs practically nothing.
    1) Blow loose debris out with and air hose
    2) use a tack cloth and wipe out the box
    3) seal the cardboard box to prevent infiltration

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,

How about taping a piece of wax paper (Cut-Rite comes to mind) over the face of the driver or wrapping the entire driver with a similar material paper and then slipping them inside a plastic bag?

Just my two cents worth.

BugC

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Sound like it may be a problem with the box vendor (who is also across the parking lot from Bill)...

I'll mention it to him tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a future purchaser of these speakers, I would not like to have been the one to have had to open up these packages and to have seen the speaker in this condition. With all the time anticipating and wanting them, and to open them up and seeing them look like this would be very disappointing to me.

Also having the thought that after I have spent a wad for these and would have to be expected to clean up all the bits and pieces of cardboard, even thought it is not that hard of a job, I do not think it should be required of a customer to be expected to do this.

Seems that they would think that would appreciate the cash out lay that we provide and take the care to prevent any foreign matter to sticking or adhering to the speakers.

I expect this from an ebayer but not directly from a manufacturer.

Good thing this wasn't going to some reviewer or something , and where they would make a big deal out of it.

I do still plan on purchasing a pair, just gonna see if they resolve this matter.

-chris

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In looking at the pics of the packaging again, it's hard to tell for sure but it looks like the diecuts the driver rests in are kind of ragged and I question the quality of the material used.
    Solving the problem by covering the driver to avoid an inherent problem with the packaging seems half as-ed backwards because time is money and added packaging parts are money too.
    I purchased packaging for three high end audio companies and ran into all kinds of problems but this one of debris never came up.
    Working with the vendor for a cleaner packing seems to be the logical thing to do and it could just be a lesson in cleanliness in the shop?
    I'd be over there with the pic in this thread asking if they think that is acceptable and if they think it is I'd look elsewhere for packaging.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, guys, I really don't see it as much of a big deal. There is not *that* much debris, and most of it seems to be on the horn which would be very easy to clean up. I understand the concept that for "that much money" you shouldn't have to do that, but really I think one would be crazy to base their purchase (or lack thereof) on something silly like that. Wouldn't hurt to address it but I don't see it being worth the stink of repeated posts.

I've certainly gotten more dust than that on my drivers over the years and had to clean it off despite how much I paid for the cotton pickin things...

Dave

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 17, 2008 03:36 PM: Message edited by: selmerdave ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing to keep in mind..... your looking at pictures, not the actual drivers. Stuff always show up looking worse in pictures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why not shrink wrap? after you hit it with heat, it will be like a drum skin across the front of the frame, and certainly would not touch the surround. It would also protect from any moisture during shipping.
    Or maybe a plastic cover for the front of the woofer frame. You know kind of like the lid on a coffee can. Then slip it in a plastic bag and ship.

Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some of you guys are screwy, maybe you watch too much HGTV.

Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have bought woofers wrapped in plastic. It was pulled tight and taped so there was no loose bag to make contact with the surround dope. Doesn't seem hard to me. Debris stuck to the surround on a a new speaker? Not good.

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 17, 2008 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Cal Weldon ]</font>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast