Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Still have these

Hello
    Let me know if you are interested in a Altec 425 10" speaker.
    Thanks
    Jeff

[email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Re: Still have these

Quote Originally Posted by 417 - Alnico View Post
    Hello
    Let me know if you are interested in a Altec 425 10" speaker.
    Thanks
    Jeff

[email protected]
    One is a H-II frame that has that extra heavy magnet encloser.
    The second has the lighter mag cover. I had 2 OEM kits put into them..by Morgan Sound in Seattle in 2004. The Voice coils are fine ..but he showed me that the actual Cloth surrounds were deformed -- or damaged........so he could not get them to work w/o rubbing. So they do need to be reconed.. Best offer.. just looking for shipping and a fair price from my Forum brothers. I'll be moving back to Seattle.. so I want to reduce the weight & space. I am in Vegas. Thanks Jeff
    Ps..I got them for a small combo amp..that has a 10" speaker..but the 425's do not fit into it.
    I may be wrong!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Re: 425 F/s & a 417 - 414 Frame

I have a nice 414 / 917 Ceramic frame with a 417 in it. This 417 has a 414 mesh dust cover on it.
    These frames have the opening, as a heat vent thru the magnet..back -- or bottom side; so to use a 414 type of Dust Cover or Dome...that is..the larger dome that has the screen Mesh..there is a Piece that looks like metal...but turns out to be plastic covering the back or magnets's vent...from the inside; can't have holes..or openings on both sides of the speaker.
    Anyway..in trying to remove this frame from an Avatar cab..the metalic looking plastic plug jars loose; & has some pieces of the plug split off.
    So now I have this awesome cone & frame with a large loose plug that I can not remove from either ends.. and I do not have the skill to remove the large 414 dust dome to remove & or re-glue the plug.
    I also think that the few pieces of glue and / or plastic have lodged in between the VC...so it rubs in a few places. Regular cans of Compressed air do not have the force to blow the particles out.
    So if anyone wants a beautiful Frame..I have one for sale.
    It is 22lbs so shipping will be about $22. I think the frame should be worth $50..I know I paid more than that..If you can fix the speaker ..or even have GP recone it..it may be worth it to you.
    You can have any 12" Altec cone driver installed into this frame.
    I need to cut my losses on this, & I do not want to just throw it away. Jeff
    I may be wrong!