Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ITEMS FOR SALE - Click Here To Buy Or Sell Altec and Altec-related Audio Products

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

ITEMS FOR SALE - Click Here To Buy Or Sell Altec and Altec-related Audio Products

Hello Altec fans!

This thread is for those who have items to sell to post them for others of like minds to see and, hopefully, purchase. The idea is to have a place other than eBay, Craigslist, etc., where people who are "Altec-minded" can come, place their ad, and know that the people viewing their advertisement will have a basic understanding of the function, quality, and value of their item(s), and that those who show interest won't be some of the kook fringe that's found "out there". Of course, what you list doesn't HAVE to be an Altec item - but it does need to be audio related.

The rules are simple:

1. Place your ad as a reply to this message.

2. Include a picture, if you have one. Try not to put too many pictures up - just enough to give us a good idea as to what you have. If someone's interested, they can e-mail you and ask for more pictures.

3. I recommend NOT putting telephone numbers in your ad - those pesky "bots" that roam the internet are liable to pick it up and no telling WHO might call you! Try using a generic e-mail, perhaps even one you've set up for the purpose, such as those available from Yahoo, etc. If you put your personal e-mail on here, a bot will pick it up and you'll spend the rest of your life eating SPAM.

4. Save yourself a lot of hassle answering the same questions over and over by writing a good, thorough description of your item. Be sure and state what you want for the item, and if the price is negotiable (ie, OBO - "Or Best Offer", or "Price Negotiable", etc.)

5. Send me a PM once the item has sold, and I will delete the ad. Those leaving an ad over 30 days will receive and e-mail from me asking about the status of the item, and, the ad will either remain for a little longer or deleted at my discretion.

6. It is important that you represent your item accurately and honestly. Don't make claims that are not true. State the actual condition of your item in simple terms.

7. If you buy something from a seller that advertises here, you automatically absolve the Forum Owner (that's me) from any and all liability associated with your purchase.

8. There is NO fee for this service, but, should you wish to demonstrate your appreciation to the Forum Owner for it, your kindness will not be turned away.

Hope this helps all of you, and happy selling/buying!
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ITEMS FOR SALE - Click Here To Buy Or Sell Altec and Altec-related Audio Products

It is time to pare back. All prices are suggestions and are for pairs.

515B refurb by GPA in 2004 $500

JBL 2245H $400

JBL 2205 $300

288-8k $300

1005 horns with sleds and throats $500
    I don't want to ship these

Klipsch La Scallas $750
    I don't want to ship these either.

[email protected]

Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WTB: 300hz Multicells wanted. PHL/Megalopolis/Eastern Seaboard

Trolling to see if anyone has any 2" 300hz multicells in the Philadelphia region (or within a few hours drive) for sale/trade. 803B probably would be a good starting point. Cheers!

Senior Hostboard Member
    ITEMS FOR SALE - Click Here To Buy Or Sell Altec and Altec-related Audio Products

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Re: WTB: 300hz Multicells wanted. PHL/Megalopolis/Eastern Seaboard

Quote Originally Posted by gearfreak View Post
    Trolling to see if anyone has any 2" 300hz multicells in the Philadelphia region (or within a few hours drive) for sale/trade. 803B probably would be a good starting point. Cheers!

I would rank 803 with 2 inch throat as RARE bird. In fact, have never seen a set, and I been around.

For 2 inch, look for JBL/DuKane (same horn) made by Audiovox, Community made fiberglass multicells that are quite good.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ITEMS FOR SALE - Click Here To Buy Or Sell Altec and Altec-related Audio Products

Thanks OG. Did not know they made fiberglass multicells. Interesting!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Altec 755a Excellent Condition

Altec 755a 8 inch full range driver in excellent condition. Pulled from an AR-1 Tested working clear strong sound. Tested resistance 2.6 ohms.

Speaker will be shipped double boxed and can be shipped C.O.D. or Paypal within the U.S. or Paypal and your choice of FedEx, U.P.S. or registered mail to any international location.

1200 + shipping OBO

More photos in larger size available upon request.

20 dollar donation will be made to Altec Users board upon successful completion of sale.

Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

JBL 2245H $400
    i shouldn't even ask.....................

But are these still available Jim?

............ and if so, are you willing to ship them?
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe I've stumbled onto this site.
    In 1976 I purchased and assembled a pair of Heathkit AS 101
    speakers. They sounded great then, and they sound great now.
    It's been a year since I last fired them up, and they are still in a
    class by them selves. At this point in my life, however, I don't
    have room to keep them any more. I NEVER thought I would want to part with them, but nothing is forever.
    This forum seems like a great place to find a new home for them with someone who truly appreciates there value and performance.

Contact me:

[email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bowtie427ss

Yes to both. I will dig them out and send pictures.

Jim N

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast