ALTEC LANSING CONCERT PA SYSTEM 16-817 32-421 10-291 - eBay (item 350247567048 end time Nov-30-09 14:05:37 PST)
Never heard of SFW Fiberglass horns....
ALTEC LANSING CONCERT PA SYSTEM 16-817 32-421 10-291 - eBay (item 350247567048 end time Nov-30-09 14:05:37 PST)
Never heard of SFW Fiberglass horns....
Ha! Looks like the perfect home theater set up!!

I remember SFW horns, they weren't the worst or the best.
It's total BS about the dealer cost, may have been installed cost but not dealer cost...and as far as what they are asking, it might have brought that...in 1990.
Were I a professional advising them, I would say part it out. And do that over a year to avoid glutting the market. Only so many people want musical instrument speakers.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Yeah, I thought that $35,000 seems ridiculously high. Did anyone look at his store? A lot of his Altec gear seems pricey. He's in Oklahoma City--I wonder if he's a former Altec employee... He even mentions the Altec Oklahoma City plant in some of his item descriptions Altec Lansing 604-8G Duplex Coaxial Speaker and Network - eBay (item 260397577995 end time Dec-17-09 11:06:40 PST) Much of his stuff seems to be PA/related so maybe he's just an avid Altec PA collector and not a former employee--either way, he's got a lot of vintage Altec gear....

I ran across one eBay seller who was located close to an EV warehouse, when they closed it down he goy a lot of Gauss stuff.
Being in OKC he may have had access to a lot.
To me he's a dealer not a collector. He's simply out for top dollar.
It takes all kinds to make the world go round, I just don't wanna be like him.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
The seller obviously hasn't seen the results of the recent auction in Kansas City, you could have bought his complete PA there for less than 1500 just a couple weeks ago, disturbingly low prices, a couple weeks earlier in Tennessee there was another vintage audio auction, working 291 pair 30 bucks!
JBL 4560 boxes 10 bucks each!
Pics and prices on the last couple pages here: Audio auction - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Bookmarks