Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Has anyone ever measured a 32B horn?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Has anyone ever measured a 32B horn?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Has anyone ever measured a 32B horn?

    I use to use one of these to clean up throats. Been a while and can't remember what brand. USE WITH CAUTION! Too much enthusiasm is a bad thing.

    Lisle Tools 10500 Brake Cylinder Hone | eBay

    If you try this make sure pressure is adjustable and start with it backed off.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Has anyone ever measured a 32B horn?


    Geekstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2006
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Has anyone ever measured a 32B horn?

    The pair I have ring like a bell when they are not mounted,
    Is that 811s or 32A ringing?


    I recently picked up a pair of plastic 32Bs. Played around with old metal 32A twenty years ago (WE 713C drivers) and I was under-impressed but at the time I had 1505s/288s and Lansing field coil gear set up, looking for the big fun. Now my goals are much more modest, as is available space...

    I also know the 753 pretty well. That system used a phenolic 713 driver and did not have much highs but it is very natural. An optional PM tweeter was available for those who needed it.

    Based on the crudest listening tests, a 32B with a tangerine 802 seems to be giving me about 10k highs through the horn. In the 9849, a HF EQ circuit was employed and I'll probably do the same thing. It is almost there as-is.

    Also tried an 806...much more rolled on top. That would need a tweeter.

    Overall effect is clean undistorted and a bit "soft"...but that's cool. None of the screech/ring of 511/811s. They have fans but I wonder how many of these fans have heard a good multicell Altec system??

    I'm looking around for a pr of metal 32s to compare to the plastic units and measure.

    Does anybody know if there is a difference in geometry between 32A and 32B?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.