Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Of interest are the objectives of the Tangerine design as stated by the inventor (Henricksen) in his patent (abbreviated);
easier/cheaper to produce
improved efficiency/lower distortion
plane wave output
No mention by the inventor of extended response (that came from the marketing dept).
The coincident timing of Tangerine and MantaRay developement agrees. I suspect a MantaRay would hardly work as designed if driven by a spherical wave.
sidebar
Henricksen also specified the slit count should be a prime number...
Added
OG, I have an affinity for obsidian too, but mine is because of the relative ease of working (5.5 on the Mohs scale).
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
bfish: I wholeheartedly agree. Anyone can make a thing with enough money, but it would be a real stroke of genius to achieve the something by spending the minimum of money.
Bookmarks