Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: OT: Logging-In Issues at Altec User Board

Yeah, this is starting to suck big time. Maybe hoastboard is just overwhelmed, I don't know.

But the downtime, the changed address, it's all silly. We need to get out of here and own our own. The move is afoot!

HB Super Moderator
    OT: Logging-In Issues at Altec User Board

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

OK took me a half hour to get onto the site this morning ! And once here nothing works.I tried to post in this thread,then my browser tries to connect and just hangs.Finally the posting page opened up.11 minutes later,after timing out half dozen times or so.Had to keep clicking the post reply Button.

Steven maybe doing upgrades but at what cost,everytime they do a bug fix they create five more, and the site should still have some functionality while these upgrades are being implemented.The biggest problem I think with Hostboard is that there are way too many forums in one location (Hostboard.com) and with that amount of forums on one site your bound to have issues (Lots & Lots) of issues.Which they do !

I think it's time to open up the site on it's own.Money isn't the Issue.We can all do our part to help Todd get this started.In no way should this ever cost Todd a dime to make the move.This has been one of the Best if not thee best site on line for all things "ALTEC LANSING" I personally would love to see it get better.With additional features like a All Altec Lansing Library that the members can contribute to.With the help of it's members there is no doubt in my mind that we can make it the Best !!!

I myself have benefitted tremendously from this site.I owe it a debt of gratitude and a big Thank You to Todd for maintaining the site for such a long time !

:thankU: Todd Thanks !! :thankU: And all the members who have helped me with my New Project.That is not so new now,but have received Fabulous advice from a lot of members here.Especially from GM & Pano ! And also Earl & Brad Thanks Guys !

It is just a great place to get great advice, on anything Altec related, or just speaker related period !

It's very disappointing to see what's going on here.Would like to add some Dual Quads to the site.And just see it run on a little higher Octane ! If any members would like to Help, Please Say So, Thanks ! And Will pass it along to Todd

Kind Regards ~ AB :coffeedrinker:

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm still using my same bookmark to access the site.

Here it is:

Altec User's Board - Hostboard

Ehhhh that....... was a link that looked fine in preview of my posting. Let's see if this work...

***http://www.hostboard.com/forums/foru...y.php?f=706***

The asterisks aren't part of my bookmark, but don't seem to bother the server at all.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

HB Super Moderator

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

You must be the exception, most of us are having issues,well the Folks I have talked to anyway, and there is quite a few who are.

Well it's time for an upgrade anyway IME. That is in the works (Hopefully). I have always felt that a Altec Library full of literature,data sheets,schematics,plans,catalogs,etc... should be included in this site ! Just my Opinion !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't been around for quite some time but dropped by to ask a question. It took some wrestling but this is what works for me, every time; Altec User's Board - Hostboard

Weird man!! That's not what I pasted in at all! Yup, something amiss. Anyway, just like Audio by Goodwill says, only without the ***
    Last of the World's Great Human Beings, well maybe one of the last? OK, just an ordinary slacker then.

Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes, the new address ends with /forums/forumdisplay.php?f=706
    (this must be forum 706)

whereas the old URL ended with /forums/altec-users-board/

In other words, it is now a dynamic link, not the plain html it used to be. I would imagine that any old link from the outside is now broken. It seems like a silly thing to do. Must have happened during an upgrade.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I tried to use my Bookmark link to visit the site this morning.My Bookmark would not work.I Googled the site,clicked the search link and came here immediately.I then deleted my Bookmark,and re- bookmarked the forum page.When I tried the new Bookmark,it brought me here with no problem.

I was already logged-on when I arrived......

Something's not right.
    Turntable : Yamaha GT 2000 - Cartridge : Soundsmith The Voice Ebony - Phono Stage : Moon LP5.3 - Preamp : Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid - Speakers : KRK Expose E8B.

Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have no problem pitching in some funds if this site gets moved elsewhere--the assistance I've gotten here from some really great folks is priceless--we really are fortunate to have a great group of people here. I do have a question regarding starting a new website. This forum is not only a great place to ask and answer questions/exchange information, but it's also become a veritable encyclopedic resource via the search feature. So many great threads/people/ideas have passed through this forum since I joined over two years ago (and tons before I joined) that this forum is now a vast repository of knowledge. All you have to do is type something like "duplex" or "Valencia" (for example) into the search feature and you have more information at your fingertips than you could ever imagine. If we move to another website is there a way to transfer the accumulated knowledge/threads from this site to the new one? I hope so because I for one would hate to see us move to a new website and have this one fold and have all those amazing threads/information/collaborations lost forever. Just a thought. For what it's worth, all the screens on this site do seem to load a lot faster than they ever have since they added the additional server (although the upgrade process was undeniably a mess and I'm still not positive they have everything up and running properly yet)--should we sit tight for a few days and see if all the bugs are out before we pack up and leave? Lastly, there are quite a few people "missing" the last few days--I wonder how many people are going to their bookmarks menu (their "old" bookmark) and still think the site is down. Is it worthwhile to put together a list of people who are missing and send them PM's alerting them to the new URL? Or should we sit tight and give them a chance to find it on their own? I think this thread has taken an important turn (via Altec Best's and Pano's contributions in particular--I think they're raising some valid concerns/alternatives)--something we need to consider--just thought I'd contribute my two cents.....
    Being of "Sound" Mind

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I had to back track in starting at Hostboard etc.
    Reset the bookmark, although it said it already existed, and now it works.
    go figure!
    Ron
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

HB Super Moderator

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Let me set the record straight here.In no way are we talking about closing this site and losing all the info. Todd would have to make a back-up copy of the threads here to include them into a new site.

Also this site has had a lot of issues for a long time now and have asked Todd about them on numerous occasions and he didn't know what they (Hostboard) were doing.It just came to a head this past week when almost everyone was experiencing them. IME Steven was doing site upgrades every 3 months and with those new upgrades came new compatibility issues with those upgrades.For about a week and then it would get better.

We only asked Todd to consider moving the site to it's own home away from Hostboard.On a much larger server.Like other sites,it would be nice to post a schematic picture that isn't resized to a tiny thumbnail,just an example.Would like to see a library as well.The site would have many more visitors I'm willing to bet if it did and more (donations) to help with more upgrades.As it is right now most Folks have to go to Lansing Heritage's Altec library to get some info or (Literature) that should be made available here.I have copied a lot of that info already.And could email it to Todd on a thumb drive.Easier and shorter than trying to email.

Altec Lansing has always been my Favorite speakers ! Hands Down ! And just want to help Todd anyway i can, to make this site better than it is now.It has always been my favorite forum because of Altec and most importantly the people here are all the best.

Go over to LH and ask a question about Altec Lansing if you get 5 replies over 2 week period you will be lucky ! JBL is the game over there.

Just wanted to assure Todd that he can move it and or upgrade it with much better features and it wouldn't cost him a dime.Pano,Cal,OG,AA, and myself and a few others have agreed to split costs or donate to help with the move.Our only interest in this, is to make Todd's Altec Site one of the best for the future ! Of Course Todd has to make all those decisions, but there is people in house already that can assist him with the software,hosting server,etc... Like Pano !

Thanks Michael for your willingness to donate monies,your time and knowledge for this task !

I myself hate that darn image re-sizer as I'm starting to need reading glasses.I need images bigger not smaller !

Most of the long term members liked the site better before the move to Hostboard a few years ago anyway.

I think the URL changed here because of another Altec forum on Hostboard.When I was having problems and tried to enter through Hostboard.com after Googling, I came across it.There was like only 5 threads on it, so I think it is quite new, or not too many know about it, or Both.Another reason to move !

Long Live Altec Lansing !

Right now I'm still getting error message above the Hostboard Toolbar so there is still some problems "No Doubt"

And Here It Is:

Warning: include(/var/www/vhosts/Steven/hostboard.com/wwwroot/forums/amecache/findonly.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/ame_bbcode.php on line 74

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/vhosts/Steven/hostboard.com/wwwroot/forums/amecache/findonly.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in [path]/includes/ame_bbcode.php on line 74

Warning: include(/var/www/vhosts/Steven/hostboard.com/wwwroot/forums/amecache/ameinfo.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/ame_bbcode.php on line 80

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/vhosts/Steven/hostboard.com/wwwroot/forums/amecache/ameinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in [path]/includes/ame_bbcode.php on line 80

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Empty regular expression in [path]/includes/ame_bbcode.php on line 711

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Empty regular expression in [path]/includes/ame_bbcode.php on line 711
    @import url( clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-04d74bf6-00001.css );@import url( clientscript/vbulletin_editor.css?v=383 );.vBulletin_editor { PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; BACKGROUND: #e1e1e2; PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px}.imagebutton { BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; BACKGROUND: #e1e1e2; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none}.ocolor { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid}.ofont { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid}.osize { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid}.osmilie { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid}.osyscoloar { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid}.smilietitle { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid}.popup_pickbutton { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px solid}.popup_feedback { BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000}.popupwindow { BACKGROUND: #ffffff}#fontOut { BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000}#sizeOut { BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000}.popup_feedback DIV { BACKGROUND: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000}.alt_pickbutton { BORDER-LEFT: #e1e1e2 1px solid}.popup_feedback INPUT { BORDER-RIGHT: 0px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: 0px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; FONT: 11px tahoma; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-LEFT: 0px solid; CURSOR: default; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px solid}.popup_feedback DIV { BORDER-RIGHT: 0px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: 0px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; FONT: 11px tahoma; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-LEFT: 0px solid; CURSOR: default; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px solid}TABLE.ncode_imageresizer_warning { BORDER-RIGHT: #cccfff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccfff 1px solid; BACKGROUND: #ffffe1; BORDER-LEFT: #cccfff 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccfff 1px solid}TABLE.ncode_imageresizer_warning TD { FONT-SIZE: 10px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; TEXT-DECORATION: none}TABLE.ncode_imageresizer_warning TD.td1 { PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 5px}TABLE.ncode_imageresizer_warning TD.td1 { PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px}SPAN.sortarrow { POSITION: absolute}SPAN.sortarrow IMG { BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px}A.sortheader { DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; TEXT-DECORATION: none}DIV.thumb DIV { DISPLAY: inline}A.internal { DISPLAY: inline}