Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: A7 Project Thread

Ordered new material to go in the port slots. It should be very close to the original cane weave.

Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very Nice. Thanks for all the pics. Are you going to use the multi-cell horns or the 811s?

Hostboard Member Voice_of_the_Llama's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    Very Nice. Thanks for all the pics. Are you going to use the multi-cell horns or the 811s?
    I sold the multicell horns (for a pretty penny I might add). I didn't see myself incorporating them into a system anytime soon and they would be better off in the hands of someone who would use them. I'll just be using the 811's

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks good......... I would have kept the vertical ports, Though. I've always liked the older look. Will you be refurbishing the 800 system, too?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Primed the other cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Audio_by_Goodwill View Post
    Looks good......... I would have kept the vertical ports, Though. I've always liked the older look. Will you be refurbishing the 800 system, too?
    Probably not. I've already parted off most of it to help fund this project. Plus I have no room for a third speaker this size. Come to think of it I don't have any more room for speakers at all...

Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Llama View Post
    Probably not. I've already parted off most of it to help fund this project. Plus I have no room for a third speaker this size. Come to think of it I don't have any more room for speakers at all...
    If you list it on ebay, you should get a decent price for it. Those cabinets aren't as common as the 825/828.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice job--those cabs look great now! It looks like you'll be using the "traditional" tuning for them. Are you aware that it's possible to tweak the tuning of your cabinets to get deeper bass out of them (blocking off part of the port with a piece of wood attached to the inside of the cabs etc.). There are people here who may be able to give you some (relatively) easy tips to improve the bass response of those cabs without changing their outer configuration...... BTW, do you have any close up photos of the two woofers you'll be using (front and back views showing model #'s, date codes etc.) and the two h.f. drivers (showing model #'s etc. as well) that are/will be connected to the 811's?
    Being of "Sound" Mind

HB Super Moderator
    A7 Project Thread

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I sold the multicell horns (for a pretty penny I might add). I didn't see myself incorporating them into a system anytime soon and they would be better off in the hands of someone who would use them. I'll just be using the 811's
    May I ask why you sold those H808's ? They are pretty close in size to the 811's and they are considered by many to be very collectible and desirable not to mention they sound good too.They are worth around $2000 min. The 811's are everywhere.

I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't want them in your project.The only thing I can think of is that the sale would fund the rest of the project and then some ! But man they are droolsville !!!! I always loved those 808's. I only ever heard them once, but were very nice from what I remember, was back in the early 90's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voice of the theater View Post
    Nice job--those cabs look great now! It looks like you'll be using the "traditional" tuning for them. Are you aware that it's possible to tweak the tuning of your cabinets to get deeper bass out of them (blocking off part of the port with a piece of wood attached to the inside of the cabs etc.). There are people here who may be able to give you some (relatively) easy tips to improve the bass response of those cabs without changing their outer configuration...... BTW, do you have any close up photos of the two woofers you'll be using (front and back views showing model #'s, date codes etc.) and the two h.f. drivers (showing model #'s etc. as well) that are/will be connected to the 811's?
    I plan to experiment with cabinet tuning to get my desired sound. I can take pictures of the drivers... The plan is to end up with two 802c's and I may have secured the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    May I ask why you sold those H808's ? They are pretty close in size to the 811's and they are considered by many to be very collectible and desirable not to mention they sound good too.They are worth around $2000 min. The 811's are everywhere.

I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't want them in your project.The only thing I can think of is that the sale would fund the rest of the project and then some ! But man they are droolsville !!!! I always loved those 808's. I only ever heard them once, but were very nice from what I remember, was back in the early 90's.
    I sold them to fund the project, and also because I really don't have much money (I'm a poor college student living back at home). I'll probably need to get a laptop for school soon... I think I like the looks of the smaller horns better too.

More sanding and painting. First coat on the "new" box, second coat on the other one. Painted all the other pieces...

I might have found another 802c...

HB Super Moderator
    A7 Project Thread

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I sold them to fund the project, and also because I really don't have much money (I'm a poor college student living back at home)
    That makes sense ! Doing a good job ! Keep it up !

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast