Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Altec User's Board Free Marketplace !

Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Altec User's Board Free Marketplace !

From a more or less local, now ended ebay post:

" I've also got a pair of modified LC9's if your interested. "

So if anyone was dreaming about LC9's, maybe worth getting in touch with the seller.
    I'd offer to check them out for an honest 3rd party opinion ahead of any travel if someone is considering such.

Senior Hostboard Member
    The Altec User's Board Free Marketplace !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hey Gang. Long time. A5s still singing pretty. 604Cs have been quiet and need a room.

WTB: I'm building a 1x15" Fender Brownface Vibroverb amp for my guitar(s) and would love to use a Altec speaker. 416s are OK, 3154s even. Anything 60-1500Hz with 50W+ handling would be great. If anyone has an orphaned 416A or B out there, I have a good home for it.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alancohen View Post
    Hey Gang. Long time. A5s still singing pretty. 604Cs have been quiet and need a room.

WTB: I'm building a 1x15" Fender Brownface Vibroverb amp for my guitar(s) and would love to use a Altec speaker. 416s are OK, 3154s even. Anything 60-1500Hz with 50W+ handling would be great. If anyone has an orphaned 416A or B out there, I have a good home for it.
    Why not a 418?
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy;[URL="tel:2117233"
    2117233[/URL]]Why not a 418?
    Yep. I’d take a 418. I bought an Elecro-voice EVM-15B for pretty cheap to try it out. I won’t have the amp components for a few weeks and it might be a few more till I find time to get it built. I’m just planning ahead.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alancohen View Post
    Yep. I’d take a 418. I bought an Elecro-voice EVM-15B for pretty cheap to try it out. I won’t have the amp components for a few weeks and it might be a few more till I find time to get it built. I’m just planning ahead.
    I may have a working 418 in my stash. Will check. The 418 has a cleaner upper mid than the EVM. Actually I think I have a 422z which is a OEM 418 type.

EDIT: I have a 421 working and a couple 418 needing recone, old style
    Last edited by Old Guy; March 16th, 2022 at 12:51 PM.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I may have a working 418 in my stash. Will check. The 418 has a cleaner upper mid than the EVM. Actually I think I have a 422z which is a OEM 418 type.
    i have a 418 8h (16" frame) frame and cast motor only. if anyone wants it. 10$ + shipping from 33907

had to move i have no idea where it is. If i find it in the trailer after i get moved, i'll update it
    Last edited by Phil-G; June 29th, 2022 at 07:37 PM.
    Sonic Barbarian

Junior Hostboard Member thewebgal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heathkit AS101 - Heath Branded Altec Valencias - DC area

For sale are a pair of Altec Valencia speakers, originally sold through Heathkit as model AS-101, and branded with Heathkit logos. A friend gave me a demo of his modified pair of Heath speakers, and they were VERY impressive. And when he offered to help me set a pair up like his, I went looking and found this pair.

These speakers' first owner was David Nurse, the President of Heathkit. When he passed on, his son owned them, and he sold them to me as he downsized in 2018. I paid U-ship to deliver them from western Ohio to my home in Fairfax, VA.

The Heath cabinet design is a classic take on the Valencias. Some say its a more attractive style. They are large cabinets, so my first mod was to add furniture wheels to the bottom so they can be easily moved. Per my audio guru, I attached granite and ceramic tiles to the rear and bottom to give them mass, so they play lower frequencies than other Valencia's do. I also added (removable) 18x18 inch granite tiles on top of the cabinet. The woofers have added mass to help them go lower, and the horns are heavily damped to remove ringing and shrillness. The cabinet is set up as a "half-*** transmission line," filled with lambswool, and they have a custom crossover network. They play a wider range than stock Valencias - hearing is believing.

Basic list of mods -

• Original Woofer with custom treatments for lower bass range
    • Original Tweeter with modified back-cap pad and vent holes (relieve back pressure)
    • Horns modified with 2 layer of QPad lead based damping material.
    • Notched Fiberglass panel installed between woofer and horn.
    • approx 4 cups of well fluffed lambs wool in lower cabinet area around woofer.
    • Existing rock wool left undisturbed on sides and back panels.
    • Removed rock wool blocking "vents" at ends of horns.
    • 13 AWG stranded silver wire in teflon jacket replaced original internal wiring.
    • Major rebuild/update to crossover network with polycarbonate & Teflon caps
    • Used stock inductors & horn tweeter controls.
    • 2 tiles installed to the cabinet bottoms - one 18x18 ceramic, one 12x12 granite with RTV silicon for constraint layers
    • 2 tiles installed to the cabinet rear panel - one 18x18 ceramic, one 12x12 granite with RTV silicon for constraint layers.
    • 18" Granite tiles built up with constraint layers and placed on top of cabinet (removable)

These Heath/Altecs are quite efficient and play well with medium power tube gear, or newer transistor amps. Why am I selling them? I love speaker projects and love hearing different gear, but I currently have 4 pairs of large speakers in my living room, and I'd like to declutter and downsize this pair and one other (the JBL L212s will remain)

Complete details on all of the upgrades and modifications, as they occurred, with internal pictures and more can be read here,
    Altec Valencia = Heathkit AS-101 | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Located in the Northern VA/DC Metro area.
    Please PM any questions or offers to me ...
    Local demo and pickup only (or hire uShip as I did to get them delivered).

Basic list of mods -

• Original Woofer with custom treatments for lower bass range
    • Original Tweeter with modified back-cap pad and vent holes (relieve back pressure)
    • Horns modified with 2 layer of QPad lead based damping material.
    • Notched Fiberglass panel installed between woofer and horn.
    • approx 4 cups of well fluffed lambs wool in lower cabinet area around woofer.
    • Existing rock wool left undisturbed on sides and back panels.
    • Removed rock wool blocking "vents" at ends of horns.
    • 13 AWG stranded silver wire in teflon jacket replaced original internal wiring.
    • Major rebuild/update to crossover network with polycarbonate & Teflon caps
    • Used stock inductors & horn tweeter controls.
    • 2 tiles installed to the cabinet bottoms - one 18x18 ceramic, one 12x12 granite with RTV silicon for constraint layers
    • 2 tiles installed to the cabinet rear panel - one 18x18 ceramic, one 12x12 granite with RTV silicon for constraint layers.
    • 18" Granite tiles built up with constraint layers and placed on top of cabinet (removable)

These Heath/Altecs are quite efficient and play well with medium power tube gear, or newer transistor amps. Why am I selling them? I love speaker projects and love hearing different gear, but I currently have 4 pairs of large speakers in my living room, and I'd like to declutter and downsize this pair and one other (the JBL L212s will remain)

Complete details on all of the upgrades and modifications, as they occurred, with internal pictures and more can be read here,
    Altec Valencia = Heathkit AS-101 | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Located in the Northern VA/DC Metro area.
    Please PM any questions or offers to me ...
    Local demo and pickup only (or hire uShip as I did to get them delivered).
    Price lowered to $1500, so if you are interested, PM me and let's talk.
    Cash only, no trades please.

AS101-1-Heath-Valencias-NoHeils.jpgAS101-2-Tweeter-cap.jpgAS101-3-QPad-Horns.jpgAS101-4-stuffed.jpgAS101-5-Full-View.jpgAS101-6-Crossover-New.jpgAS101-7-Bottoms-2tile details.jpg

Senior Hostboard Member

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

A7 cabs in AL: no affiliation
    Vintage HiFi Exchange

Senior Hostboard Member gortnipper's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

GPA N604-8A crossovers

GPA N604-8A crossovers, $300 US for the pair. The 8C version with attenuators cost $240 USD each.

I bought these new from GPA with my 8H-III several years ago, and they have been sitting on my cupboard shelf for most of the time as I used a custom xo for my custom 10 cu ft cabs.

The N604-8A Crossover is suitable for use with any Altec Lansing 604-series loudspeakers. The 604-8G, 604-8H, 604-8K, and 904 series loudspeakers all perform well using this crossover.

N604-8A.jpg

Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

WTB singles

Looking for a mate for a few things. I’m in upstate NY.

210 cab
    803b horn
    203 horn

Also would interested in a pair of 828 cabs if anyone has a pair not too far away.