Hello all! I just picked up a pair of Diffusicone-8, Series 200, 8" full-range "diffaxial" speakers. The boxes say they were made by 'University Sound, a division of LTV Ling Altec'. I've found a little info on them online, but not much, and was hoping the Altec afficianados here could fill in the blanks.

They're unused (one box is still sealed) and I have not tried hooking it up at this point. From what I've found, they were likely made in the early to mid 1960s and were not exactly top-of-the-line, but quite decent.

Along with the M-8s, I got two other University speakers. They're in boxes measuring 10"x10"x4". One is opened, but the speaker itself is wrapped in a foil paper (so I haven't gotten a look at it) and marked with a MIL-SPEC number and other identiying information. It says it's also a 'University Sound' "loudspeaker, PM", MFR P/N M-8, and has a stock number (?) at the top of the stamp of 5965-296-6053. The box is totally un-marked.

So, any thoughts on what I found? Further information (or questions)? Recommendations for use? I'd love to hear they're one of those "Holy Grail" finds, but I ain't holding my breath. Honestly, any new info would be great.

Thanks everybody!!

Dan