Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cone Repair on 602B & 604B

I have some very small repairs to make on the cones of these two Duplexes. The small holes in the 602 are in the surround and the small tear in the 604 is in the area of the surround, although the cone and surround are of the same material and piece and not separate.

I am wondering about the best way to go about repairing these. The issue of concern on the. 604B was repaired, likely long ago. The small tear has occurred outside the edge of the repair. I wonder and worry that the repair caused stress and ultimately the new damage. And considering this is a 604B, I do not want to do anything to compromise the integrity of the original cone. This cone is really thin, even compared to the 602.

I have reached out with a message to Great Plains Audio requesting advice and guidance on the best process to repairing these. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as well. I'd also be happy to post photos if that would help matters any, at least in terms of assessing the extent of the issue.

Scott
    Last edited by slial; March 11th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.