Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Any recommendations internal speaker wire?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Any recommendations internal speaker wire?

Jeff sort of had his own blog for many years at Audio Asylum. His home-base, maybe. He hasn't posted there in over 3 months, a bit strange given how prolific he has been on that forum, over many, many years - up to then. Draw your own conclusions. Jeff of course could post there and prove any skeptics wrong. IMHO, YMMV, etc

(AA don't announce a members banishment. They delete any relevant posts and the member disappears for an unstated period). No record.
    Last edited by mah; July 8th, 2017 at 03:04 AM.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

Senior Hostboard Member
    Any recommendations internal speaker wire?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    You are forgiven as I am close to but not 70, yet.

Please get on with those things 'you have more to do'.

- - - Updated - - -

"grow up" - Childish response.

By the way if you have an issue with me, please do me the courtesy of addressing it to me rather than hide behind non-specific innuendo.
    pardon me, I stand corrected. you seem much much much younger.
    ok mike, i'll address it. you're a forum bully. you take any disagreement or perceived slight to another level. you're endlessly confrontational and have no problem turning any thread into your own soapbox. (not unlike jeff but in an angry way) and if it's not jeff, or myself currently, it will be always be someone else.
    i'm posting this now at the risk of being blocked and Altec Best. this is the last thing I have say on this. mike the floor is yours, have at it. knock yourself out.
    Sonic Barbarian

Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Not on any DIY forum I've ever lurked/posted on. I think it's time you get your own website/blog to preach the gospel of the tinkerer and let those interested in just tinkering come to you.

GM
    Zilch(RIP) might have coined the term "wankerer".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    pardon me, I stand corrected. you seem much much much younger.
    ok mike, i'll address it. you're a forum bully. you take any disagreement or perceived slight to another level. you're endlessly confrontational and have no problem turning any thread into your own soapbox. (not unlike jeff but in an angry way) and if it's not jeff, or myself currently, it will be always be someone else.
    i'm posting this now at the risk of being blocked and Altec Best. this is the last thing I have say on this. mike the floor is yours, have at it. knock yourself out.
    It's those hot wings, he needs to bring the heat down a notch.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Damn wankerers!

Zilch was a smart guy

Senior Hostboard Member LowOhms's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillWojo View Post
    The technical nature and the lack of bs pixie dust fantasies were one of the main reasons I joined this forum. If I want bull crap I can go to any one of a bunch of different forums, I choose not to.
    Can you imagine if the original engineers at Western Electric had spent there days doing no scientific research, never worked out complex mathematical formulas found in esoteric physics documents and instead relied on pixie dust. I can tell you with the utmost certainty that we would not have what we have today.
    If anyone on this forum makes a bold claim that contradicts basic electrical engineering, as long as I'm a member, I WILL refute it. To allow one claim after another with no proof to back it up will just makes this forum like so many others that have no technical merit.
    To Altecs Best and Todd, please take a good look at where this forum is heading. When I first joined this forum I spent many a night reading old post, starting from page one and every night I read at least ten pages. Of course I skipped post that had been covered numerous times but the thing that impressed me was the collective knowledge of the members and the total lack of voodoo magic and pixie dust. Today, I see that changing and it alarms me.

BillWojo

Hello Bill Wojo,

I find your post to be rather narrow minded, and certainly offensive to read. Since having a interchange with Todd, a while back, I typically don't often talk about you, or others, in such a derogatory manner.

The reason why I critique "theory" is that I feel, while its important, it is typically NOT ANYWHERES near comprehensive enough, on its own, to allow us to obtain a satisfactory end result. Audio is part science and part art, IMHO. It takes LISTENING and science, and intuition ........to get a good final result.

So, when you and mah use such derogatory terms as " BS " and " pixie dust", or GM thinks of me as a " tinkerer",. I would suggest you are grossly selling me short !!

You and GM are fine people, but both of you have limitations, as we ALL do. You two guys don't get out to attend large audio shows, its costly to travel, so you don't get to hear the many choices available to us today. There are LIMITATIONS you personally are subject to.

Bill and GM, in terms of " pixie dust" and " tinkerers", how can that possibly equate to my present audio Mentor, (whose ideas I often share up here ), who obtained a " Best Sound of the Show" Denver/ October 2016 RMAF review, (from an established reviewer, Herb Reichert, in THE established " Stereophile " Magazine ???? ) If I am discussing any of his implementations and audio ideas, would not that be of value ?

So what is important, theory or the actual result ??

I am taking a break from posting. Have fun, I do !!

Respectfully and lovingly to ALL of you,

Jeff Medwin sorry, not haiku.

HB Super Moderator
    Any recommendations internal speaker wire?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillWojo View Post
    To Altecs Best and Todd, please take a good look at where this forum is heading.
    We are doing just that Bill.There are changes coming sooner rather than later...We operated the Altec User Board for many years without posting of rules.But it is obvious to this Moderator that they need to be posted as newer members that join here seem to think that they can do what they want..We liked to think that we are a family here as we are a small close-nit community compared to the other audio forums.I personally feel that there are a few people that owe the OP an apology for hijacking his thread !

I would like to apologize to kipduff for even having to go through all this Bickering ! He asked a legitimate question...I will delete all posts that are off topic and try to get this thread back on track

Thread will be closed until I can edit it...
    Last edited by Altec Best; July 8th, 2017 at 03:24 PM.