Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MLTL Cab Plans For GPA 604-8H-III

Hello all,
    I'm starting this thread for an acquaintance who I sold my tube amp to. And this is specifically for the GPA 604 III driver: http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/down...604_8H_III.pdf
    And the GPA crossover: http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/downloads/N604-8A.pdf

He was recommended the Stonehenge V cabinets by Bill at GPA, and I mentioned that there are some different designs that would be worth checking out, like an MLTL design. I've read some on GM's before and mentioned it to him and so here I am. I cannot seem to find and plans for them though.

Are there any already completed GPA 604 III MLTL cab plans available?

Here's some particulars:

1- He will be using a low powered valve amp. I sold him mine that is 6watts rms, but I think he has a few others as well that maybe are more powerful.
    2- Listening space 22'x30' (and I think 8' ceiling height)
    3- Cabs would be used near both corners of the 22' wall facing out into the 30' long room. He said he can put them close to the back wall or out a bit, or toed in etc.
    4- He doesn't mind big cabs, no WAF to worry about here.
    5- He can't diy, but has a good cabinet builder that will make them for him.
    6- I guess the best would be an all rounder cab that's known to work well, with dims and stuffing specified that wouldn't need tweaking, as he isn't the diy type.
    7- Music tastes - Jazz, classical, rock, reggae, girl and guitar, pop etc.

Any help would be appreciated as to what might be a better design for him than the Stonehenge V.

A big cab is okay and SQ is everything.

Note* My thoughts were that sealed would work well letting them roll off naturally, and use subs under them etc. Like Lynn Olson with his 416 design etc. But then I figured a one cab solution to be a better fit which could squeeze out all that the 604 has to offer, and it would also be easier for him to set up etc. He lives far away from me so I can't help tweak them, like add and reduce stuffing amounts etc.

I didn't want to steer him wrong, and thought to come here and ask for your opinions for what would be considered as a good all rounder cab for the GPA 604III specifically.

Thanks for any help,
    Dave.
    Last edited by DaveCan; June 17th, 2017 at 03:49 PM.