Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Altec User's Board To Remain Here

After a long talk with Bill, I have deleted my latest (long) post at his request. He assured me that, by so doing, the threatened unpleasantness of another party would be eliminated. Bill feels, and I agree, that it would be in the best interest of getting past the problems and help everyone move forward.

That being said, here's how things are going to be:

1. Our Altec User's Board will remain here, and continue to do what we've always done - talk about ALTEC, and point people to Bill and GPA every time we possibly can.

2. The forums on the GPA will focus, primarily, on Bill's new products and, of course, his expert service for vintage ALTEC loudspeakers.

This is the best of both worlds - it helps Bill make new friends and sell speakers to a whole new field of consumers who desire great sounding speakers, lets Altec owners know where to get their speakers repaired, which should bolster his bottom line, which is a good thing for all of us.

AltecBest and I, working with Steven, the Hostboard owner, will continue to explore ways to make the Altec User's Board better. Sometime this Fall, I will be doing a complete website update, which everyone should like.

SO - let's move forward and put this distasteful nonsense behind us.
    Last edited by Todd W. White; August 8th, 2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Per request.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage