Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Futterman H3

Hello,

Anyone run a Futterman H3 amp with Altecs? Impressions would be appreciated. Curious about OTL and pondering trying one with my 604s.

regards -- Roger

Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Futterman H3

Not Futterman but I built the mini-beast: Mini Beast Single Ended Class A OTL

Initially used with stacked 828 cabinets (the pending victims), 288-8k's and some beyma tweeters.

With that configuration it spurred me to simplify the system.
    I began hunting down noise(s)/ground loops/what have you from various components.
    Ultimately only digital/optical straight from the DAC to the amp with a pot in between, remained.

* It was never (and I did not suspect per se) the amp, and I would concur that it was/is dead quiet. It's what allowed me to find and kill the culprits.

I then got tired of tinkering with the tweeters and deconstructed the horn stack and went back to playing with the 604s for the sake of the HF.
    That begat 'current drive' XO's and higher power/SS experimenting, and so the MB patiently awaits some future call to action.

While all of the transducer switcharoos preclude any reliable memory/critique/comparison of the combo, I can say that I was certainly quite content with the amp's sound quality - I could find no fault.