Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Newbie saying hello

Joined today, finally. I have always been a lover of music and sound, used to lug recording equipment to concerts, but until recently had not wanted to invest in a 2 channel system since we lived in a rowhouse that had a shared party wall. Since moving to a single family home, I began to research my dream system (for now). I narrowed it down to necessitate tubes and horn speakers, which led me to Altecs. During the pandemic, a pair of VOTT A7 (-8g?) became available locally (HF 902-8B, LF 515-8G, N1285-8A), in great condition. These were originally purchased from Baltimore Sound Works, in the 1980s as far as I know, put in to use by a woman who loved orchestral and organ music. The small world story of the speaker's owner is that he grew up a few blocks from my current address, he now lives ~40 minutes away. The grey VOTT cabinets were clad in cherry cabinetry and given custom silk grills by a cabinetmaker as per the matriarch. They were passed to her son who decided he didn't need these as well as a set of Heathkits. I have the speakers connected to a Primaluna Dialogue Premium and a Marantz ND-8006 network CD player. I recently added dual Rythmik F-12HP subwoofers which brought the sound to another level of pleasure. Can't quite figure out how to add photos from an iPhone/Macbook since they are not an accepted file type.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Re: Newbie saying hello

Greets!

511 or Mantaray horn?
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Junior Hostboard Member same_sweet_song_again's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Greets!

511 or Mantaray horn?
    Forgot to mention the horns, 511s.

Hostboard Member charles_hidalgo's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by same_sweet_song_again View Post
    Joined today, finally. I have always been a lover of music and sound, used to lug recording equipment to concerts, but until recently had not wanted to invest in a 2 channel system since we lived in a rowhouse that had a shared party wall. Since moving to a single family home, I began to research my dream system (for now). I narrowed it down to necessitate tubes and horn speakers, which led me to Altecs. During the pandemic, a pair of VOTT A7 (-8g?) became available locally (HF 902-8B, LF 515-8G, N1285-8A), in great condition. These were originally purchased from Baltimore Sound Works, in the 1980s as far as I know, put in to use by a woman who loved orchestral and organ music. The small world story of the speaker's owner is that he grew up a few blocks from my current address, he now lives ~40 minutes away. The grey VOTT cabinets were clad in cherry cabinetry and given custom silk grills by a cabinetmaker as per the matriarch. They were passed to her son who decided he didn't need these as well as a set of Heathkits. I have the speakers connected to a Primaluna Dialogue Premium and a Marantz ND-8006 network CD player. I recently added dual Rythmik F-12HP subwoofers which brought the sound to another level of pleasure. Can't quite figure out how to add photos from an iPhone/Macbook since they are not an accepted file type.
    Hello. For adding photos just use a free host like ImgBB — Upload Image — Free Image Hosting to upload them to then just copy and paste the link to them here with the "insert image" icon.

Charlie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by same_sweet_song_again View Post

Hello !

Very nice first post.
    Many thanks.

Welcome aboard.

Aditya