Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Re: M500's ANN Arbor CL

I've been calling them 500 Hz due to what the distributor said way back when they got a demo pair in and no one's ever corrected me
    I promise i wasn't on a mission to correct anyone.

I just stumbled across that fella's page where he posted the factory sheet that specifies 630hz, also shows it graphically in Xsim.

Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Re: M500's ANN Arbor CL

Understood, just in retrospect I was surprised no one on any forum over the years had corrected me, so at this late date have to wonder what was really in the demo cabs because for sure the rear connectors didn't look like this: https://medias.audiofanzine.com/imag...00-1506120.jpg

That said, a number of new models the sales force used were less than pristine products with the most glaring the Valencias, Santiagos, M19s with big tufts of yellow fiberglass insulation half-a$$ sprayed with flat black paint crammed around the horns till they were forced? to do the foam inserts I [and presume others] suggested/demanded.

Interesting response plot! I remember it being too sibilant like 99% of the [any brand/DIY] speakers I've auditioned due to my ~lifelong tinnitus, but otherwise smoother than normal, but not -6 dB smooth in our most acute hearing BW!

Makes me want to rethink some of my EQ/XO 'suggestions'/'observations'.

Regardless, thanks for all the info, my recent Googling of 'anything' has garnered me next to nothing useful and all my links of 'anything' I've tried are now either DOA or takes me to totally unrelated sales oriented sites.
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12