Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mac View Post
Will look closer at the link…I bookmarked immediately. What I may not be understanding is I thought the radiation pattern was frequency dependent.
Always interesting talking points, thank you!
10 WL listening distance in my room is ~700Hz, if I’m understanding here.

Any pictures of the ~63 Hz WG? …or any of the systems you hot rodded in years past? Love to see them!
You're welcome!

It is, they show it's collapsing [beaming] in 10 deg steps, so short of in room measurements, good for toeing, focusing them to the desired average ear height, locations for best overall stereo in room and hopefully keeps them off the side walls till beside/behind said ears or highlights where to add floor/wall/ceiling damping if required. If you have coffee and/or side tables/whatever between you and the speakers, then ideally need to be covered with thick movers blankets for critical listening.

It's 10 WLs of the horn's cutoff, so for an 805 it's ~17.5+5.91+4 [guesstimate of a 288-8G's acoustic center] = ~27.41", 13543"_sec/4/27.41 = ~123.52 Hz

Anyway, 27.41*10 = 274.1/12 = ~22.84 Ft or if you prefer: ~13543"/274.1" = 49.41 Hz/12.52 = 2.5x or exactly 40% lower.

No, never had a good reason to waste filming costs on my DIY hobbies other than for racing and even most of those were ruined or disappeared over time and no holiday/whatever pictures ever had more than a snippet of either of the floor/ceiling stretched screen covers.

I've posted a write-up of my 'adventures' in tweaking every last drop of clarity, HF extension at my disposal [well equipped professional tooling machine shop used only for hum, 'very special' projects] out of a pair of 511 and responded to many cheap driver, speaker/horn tweaking posts on various forums across time/net, but haven't saved/cataloged them, so best I could do would be to scroll through 1000? or more posts still in various forum archives to find them, but life's too short nowadays.

Regardless, still got a dimensional sketch of the WG 'somewhere', but it's basically the width of a 211 horn minus venting, shaped in a 'V' to insert in the corners with a 1803's width turned vertical IIRC to get max practical horizontal polar control and a truncated 'V' cut to match the 211's for the dual 802s.