Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to add some 292s for mids .. I already run 805Bs on 288s... I ordered some selenium horns that fit altec large format drivers.. One was cracked on delevery. These things seem to be constructed very poorly. has anyone out there experimented with the selenium HM39-35R . I have been looking for altec horns but the price on these things have been going thru the roof... any suggetions

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What size room do you have? For anything smaller than say 20X30 a set of 511e's would be fine. You can even modify a set of 511b's quite easily. I have some 311-60's but it depends on the application and room dimensions because they are only 60 degree. I have a set of old concrete ALTEC's but they are big and HEEAAVVY!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

511Es would be fine. The room I have my stereo in now is only 12x25. eventually I will have the system in a larger room.
    See about 2 years ago I bought pair PA horn cabs that had the 292 drivers, the 805B horns two 809-8A crossovers and some transformers. I paid $200 for this... I see the horns themselves now go from $400-$500... I would be willing to pay $400 for a good pair of large format horns.