Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dave and all : I finally got around to hooking up my 210 to the sub output on my surround processor.
    The xover frequency must be set really high, because most of the low energy from the 210 is centered around 400 hz, with almost nothing below 100. Wait, is the hi-pass filter on the 1590 amp IN or OUT ?
    I better look at that before I go any further...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Igor wrote:

> Do you or others know which Eminance (SP) would work instead of the 2245?

====
    I have no experience with Eminence speakers, but would be interested to know what folks think about these published specs:

Eminence Omega Pro-18C

Fs = 24 Hz
    SPL = 97 dB/1 W
    Vas = 20.24 cu ft
    Qms = 6.6
    Qes = .27
    Qts = .26

Given the low Xmax of 4.7 mm, I guess I'd call this a woofer rather than a sub, but would it likely work reasonably well for Igor's app? It has pretty low Fs and pretty high efficiency. At $200 apiece (and free shipping!) one could build quite an array of 'em!

taudo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

While any driver that lowers the system's Fb and takes the load off the A7's midbass driver can be said to be suitable, this driver is far from optimum IMO since I feel that to make the mod truly worthwhile requires usable extension down to at least 16Hz, with sufficient Xmax and/or acoustic efficiency to do so at ~the same amplitude as the midbass is likely to be driven, yet not require an excessively long vent since most folks aren't willing to cut up their cabs to install PRs.

Once the long vent and driver volume is accounted for and the in-room response is EQ'd ~flat, this driver will probably be marginal at best IMO if organ music, HT special effects are inc luded. Only one way to know for sure whether it will work for Igor though.....

GM

Senior Hostboard Member dhook17322's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would think a Maelstrom would be a better match as its still affordable(~$299) and does extend the response very nicely down into the the mid-teens. It can be used in a sealed cab of pretty reasonable size, but would need about 12-15 cu. ft. for a vented one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123