Thread: I found a pair of Voice of the Theatre,should I buy them?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello,
    I found a pair of Voice of the Theatre speakers,in working order,cabinets are battleship gray,in good condition for $900 for the pair in a local shop. I'm new to Altec Lansing and have no knowledge of their worth. Should I grab them?
    Cheers,
    Robert
    [email protected]
    I don't have room for them,but if they are a great score,I could consider them or turn someone on where they are located.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It really would depend on their condition and what components are in them. If they have 416 or 515 woofers in good working order and with original cones and in good cosmetic condition. It would depend on the vintage. Which horn drivers, horns, crossovers, etc. At that price they may be a good deal but if you were not planning on keeping them they may not be the deal of the century as they tend to go from about $900 to $1500 depending on the factors listed above. If you can find out what components and what not, let us know, and we could give some better advice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ask them if they'll let you borrow them for a day or two. That is a pretty good price if they are in good working order. It's not a steal or anything, but the fact that they are local (no shipping) is a major plus.

If I found a pair around here at that price, I'd do it in a heatbeat, but I already know how they sound (in my room).

Good luck!