Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The JBL 2405 are all the same impedance 8ohms.
    In the early years the drivers were tested differently and the data sheet were made with impedance measure at different frequencies. JBL did not change any coil during the all manufacturing years. They only change their measuring setup and obtain different electrical value.

regards,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I tried JBL 2405 Alnico(15 Ohm) with Vitavox S2.
    I think it is too "small". I got a better result with the GAUSS 1502.

Friendly yours

Inactive Member Andrew B Gransden's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi all; I have recently aquired a pair of Vitavox hf units (TR 30) to compliment my S2 drivers and horns. I bought a Marchand XM-9 active crossover for the K15 40/S2 split at 500Hz (24dB 4th order L/R...). Romy will deride my decision (others too perhaps) but I'm working my way through this as best I can with limited funds. Suggestions are always welcome and improvements can always be made. In the context of this thread, what crossover frequency (passive) should I consider for these hf drivers?
    regards to all.
    BTW, I'm having a lot of fun (and frustration) and enjoying the music...
    Andrew
    Datubie; if you're reading this could you contact me off-list at [email protected] ? Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Richard (d)

Are you absolutely sure about the 2405's only being available in 8 ohm?

The reason I ask is that diaphragms with different prices are available for 4,8, and 16 ohm.

I have also found shops on-line selling the driver for different prices depending on whether it is 4,8 or 16 ohm.

Strange?

NB
    Is this the driver that would be most reccomended for extending the treble beyond the S2's ?

I have a max budget of 300 for a pair of HF drive units (incuding p&p and import duties etc)

OOPS JRC didnt see your post. Whats the going rate for a pair of the gauss drivers you used? (and who makes them?)
    Thanks again
    Chris

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 19, 2005 04:24 PM: Message edited by: bottle-neck ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bottle neck

Yes I am,

See JBL web site for info and replacement kit
    http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Goe...nto%20List.pdf

Obviously third parties supplier may have different version and different coild for the same magnet. But I would have less confidence in the frequencies responces with third partie diaphragms.

The other drivers that I could suggest from JBL are the 2403(076) and the 2404H.

I will not advice to used the 2402 or the Gauss has they were design to go from 2.5KHz to 15Khz
    You will gain very little extension on the high frequency and will defenitely get some issue with crossover that may give you the impression of extended frequencies response because of phase or level issue.

regards,
    Regards,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did read in this that people seem to find quite some on line shopping places to buy the JBL tweeters from. I am very interested in this because I have been searching on the net for this without succes. I have found already a lot for on line shopping, but not the JBL components sofar.

I have a pair of JBL 2405 since years and really like them . I would like to buy some more on the net ,but cannot find a shop on the net . The diaphraghms , yes, but not for the full tweeter.

Can you help me?

Thanks

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ February 24, 2005 04:47 PM: Message edited by: beigem ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 24, 2005 04:48 PM: Message edited by: beigem ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12