Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All that stuff was dumped because it was "Hot" ! Heh heh heh! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I buy from time to time some selected drivers if the price is OK and dump them into my storage. I have no idea why I do it, probably because I am a Moron but it is what it is and I am sure that we all suffer from the same disease and everyone around here knows how it ?works?? I have a quite kinky collection that waits when I will do something with it, I certainly will? Anyhow, the latest story made me to laugh hard.

A few months ago I bought on EBay a single Vitavox AK151 for $ 100 to add it to the collection of my 151s. The driver arrived and was wonderful: cone, suspension, magnet charge, perfectly sonically and so on. It has some very minor splits on external suspension but they are very minor and within easily reparable size? In another words I have stolen this driver?

Now the fanny part starts. Since I got the driver the seller keep sending me the emails asking if the driver worked out for me. The driver was fine and I do like the seller, so I honestly replied that everything is fine and ask to send more drivers?

This morning I got an email form the seller:

?Ok, so you`re happy with it, so now i`ll come clean!!
    I was given this speaker by a friend who is an honorary beach ranger here in southport.
    We have a beach that stretches from the Ribble estuary in the north, fifteen miles south to the Mersey Estuary nr Liverpool! This friend says he found the speaker on the beach amongst loads of other stuff including other speakers(car ones and naff hi-fi ones) and cases of clothes. Obviously I checked the speaker over before putting it on E-bay but it just goes to show that one mans junk is another mans????..

Best of wishes
    Adrian"

Dear, Adrian, thanks very much! It is wonderful story and your driver also is wonderful.

Now, do I have to dispatch a search party to ?fifteen miles south to the Mersey Estuary? with an order to pull out the Vitavoxes out of the UK? beeches?

:-)
    The Pussy

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ June 30, 2004 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Romy the Cat ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 30, 2004 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Romy the Cat ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those beaches and particularly Morecambe Bay slightly further north are notorious for other reasons. An illegal army of chinese migrant workers are employed there to harvest cockles (shellfish) on a daily basis. Earlier this year about 18 of them were caught out on the treacherous sands by the inrushing tide (moving faster than a man can run) and were drowned.
    Not necessarily the safest place to go beachcombing for drivers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vitavoxs' "grow " on beaches? [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're right. Maybe the cockle harvest is a cover story for the real scandal. The secret export of driver and magnet technology to the orient. Keep an eye out for new production AK151's emanating from the east!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A new production AK151's coming from the east... what is it guyser? Do you mean somebody is trying to make something similar today?

The Cat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand there may be some newly made AK drivers sometime soon but they'll originate in the UK. I was joking about the chinese making copies! they are copying everything else though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by guyser:
    I understand there may be some newly made AK drivers sometime soon but they'll originate in the UK. I was joking about the chinese making copies! they are copying everything else though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, like the Altec stuff.
    [img]frown.gif[/img]