I am building a 10kW diesel genset for standby power for my home. The alternator is a CSA approved unit that I acquired from work and had rewound after it burnt. I am in the process of building the engine control/meter panel and wiring it, and have a few questions I need answered before I go any further (I don't want to waste the inspectors time when I call to have it checked out).

-If the genset I am building is not portable, i.e, it will not be moving from the location I plan to install it (carport), is it necessary to use a flexible power cord and pin/sleeve plug/socket or can I install PVC conduit from the control panel right down to the generator transfer panel in the house?

-I would prefer to use the grounding system already installed for my service entrance panel, instead of grounding again at the genset. This would require wiring the genset as neutral floating, and at the generator transfer panel L1 and L2 would be switched, while the neutral would be common to the genset/loads/service entrance panel (thereby keeping the grounded neutral of the SE panel). I have seen this arrangement quite often in a commercial setting, is there any reason why I would not be allowed to do the same for my residence?

-Other than the bonding terminal inside the alternator connection box and the back of the control panel, is there anything else that needs to be bonded (diesel engine, frame, etc)? The alternator is bolted down to the metal frame, not sure if that is an issue or not. The control panel is nonconductive as are all the conduits connecting it to the alternator, engine, etc.

Thanks a ton, look forward to any assistance.