Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I am renovating two small apartments that are located above a business. The entire building utilizes one metre base but there will be a sub panel in each of the apartments. Do these subs require localized disconnects in the apartments?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A disconnect for each panel has to be in the electrical room for the building. A disconnect (or combination panel board) in the suite is not necessary. But if the customer is willing to pay for two disconnects for each panel, then the second (in suite) disconnect is a nice feature.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

If you check the price of a combo panel vs a load center panel... you may find the combo cheaper. It is in BC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: sub panel

Hey! I very often rent premises for my business. Once I even bought myself an apartment and converted it into an office. It was a very strange idea, but I think it was worth it. Indeed, in fact, from there, the promotion of my business began. I am currently working on Fortitude Valley Rentals . I really like their apartment. I usually rent them for guests of my firm or for VIPs who work in my firm and play key roles in them.

I advise you to try a similar business method. I also have a couple of dozen of my own apartments that I rent out. I think this is very beneficial and correct. After all, the most profitable business in real estate.