Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI EVERYONE

INSTALLATIONS OF HOT WATER TANKS WITH THE IMMERSION TYPE ELEMENT MUST BE GFI PROTECTED ,BUT THE 1.5 M DISTANCE FROM THE LAUNDRY TUB IS A LITTLE MISUNDERSTOOD,IF THE CUSTOMER HAS A SMALL LAUNDRY ROOM WITH THE HOT WATER TANK LOCATED IN IT.THEN WHAT WOULD THE SOLUTION BE?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hot water tank should be GFCI protected if it has a <u>bare</u> heater element immersed in water as per 26-758.
    The rule also states it shall not be located within 1.5m of the point of utilization of heated water. In my opinion that means you require the plumming pipe to be greater than 1.5m from the tank to the sink and washing machine. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 20, 2004 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Cosimo Diano ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

immersion bare element,as opposed to wrap around element?
    I am not sure I know the differance.
    bare element, to me is the same type that you see on your stove top/inside broiler.
    as opposed to the wrap around type of element that is not direct immersion type (barrel heater type).we have tryed to locate the barrel type of wrap around heater but had no sucess.