Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

on a circuit in a apartment building the tenant had replaced a 15 amp fuse with a 25 amp fuse , he said that is the only way it would stay running.I checked the wire and it happend to be a dedicated no.12 copper line.I think that it may be fused incorrectly,he said that because it is a motor load the fuesing was correct,AND THAT IF IT WERE BREAKERS THEN IT WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE TO PUT IN A 30 AMP BREAKER (on a no. 12 awg line) could some help clear this up for us ?
    THANKYOU A LOT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OH SORRY ,THIS HAS TO DO WITH A 10,000.BTU WINDOW UNIT AIRCONDITIONER.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The tenant is quite possibly correct.

28-704 and 28-708 permits the overcurrent protection for a "hermetic refrigerant motor-compressor" to be 50% of it's locked-rotor current. If that will not permit the unit to start, you can go up to a maximum of 65% of the locked-rotor current.

By the way, many of these units have the manufacturer's recommended OCP rating on the nameplate.

Ed

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: airconditioning fuse?

My friend bought himself an air conditioner and as soon as he bought it for himself, the light in his apartment went out after testing different modes. We were very scared, for a second in my head I thought that the air conditioner had burned out. But after a couple of minutes the light turned on and we began to find out what the problem was. It was very hot, and it was too late to go to the service, it was late in the evening. When we turned on the dry mode in the air conditioner, the lights turned off again. We realized what the problem was and decided to look on the Internet what problem was and came across the dry mode in ac blog. After reading everything, we realized that we were pressing a lot of unnecessary buttons on the control panel, but after that, we fixed everything.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: airconditioning fuse?

Some things to consider when choosing an air conditioner are the type (indoor or outdoor unit), the brand, and how it affects the air in your room (such as whether a humidifier is built in). The best deals right now are on The Best Split Air Conditioners in 2022 | with automatic reset. I have purchased several high-end split air conditioners for my office.