Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hello everyone
    I have run across a 200 amp service in a multi dwelling unit ,it has #4 60 amp panels and one 35 amp ,all have a 60 amp disconnect.and all come from the one spliter trough.
    my question is ,that the owner wants to be able to put in another panel so he can meter the laundry equipment separately, can this be done ? ( how many 60 amp panels are allowed on a 200 amp service before you have to up the size of the service?)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello Pilot,
    I think this would be fine AS LONG as you comply with Rule 8-106(8).
    It is not so much about how many 60 amp disconnects, as it is making sure the electrical equipment is not overloaded.
    If your not sure, it never hurts to consult with the inspection department. Better that than having to re-do your work because the inspector sais no-go.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a house panel. Wouldn't the existing laundry be fed from this splitter to start with?
    The total total demand should be based on the connected load regardless of the number of disconnects.
    One thing to keep in mind is that most of the newer pad type splitters only have 6 branch lug positions so you would be limited to 6 disconnects if this is the case.