Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hi again everyone!

Today I went to the Vatican and saw the Sistine Chapel with 2 German girls and an Argentinian. It was absolutely amazing. Not at all what I expected it to be in so many ways. First of all, it was a lot smaller than I imagined it to be, and the colors were more vibrant than on any reproduction I've ever seen. We weren't allowed to take photos but I took some anyhow with the flash off so I'm crossing my fingers that they will turn out. I also saw the Vatican Museum and their incredible statuary. Indescribable is all I can say... Can't wait to show you all the pictures when I return! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

While at the Sistine Chapel I met some very nice American men who are currently living in Northern Italy near the Slovenian border and I spent some time walking around with them too when I'd gotten separated from my German friends. They were cool to talk and and it was a breath of fresh air to hang out with someone with whom I didn't have to pantomime. Although it has become sucha habit that I found myself doing it even with them! When we parted we exchanged information and I was invited to come visit later on in my trip. Yay for meeting new people! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm going to go change clothes (it is SO bloody ******** hot here!) and then head out to the Trevi Fountain... you know they say if you throw in 1 coin you'll come back to Rome, 2 and you'll meet your true love, and 3 you'll marry him... Suffice it to say I'm throwing in a whole pocketful... Wish me luck! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Tomorrow I'm getting up early and catching the train to Pisa for a day trip to see the leaning tower.. should be nice but again.. really hot! I can't wait to go to Marseilles and Barcelona and spend some days on the beach where I can at least cool off a little! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I'm so jealous I could just spit.... pattooooie. first my dad goes to italy, now you!! WHEN WILL I GET TO GOOOOOOOO :-((

OK, I guess I can't be that jealous, I'm going on a trip with Shelley and Kathy on Sept. 1st. 2 days in New York, then a 9 day cruise [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Still doesn't quite measure up to Italy though. I hope through all this playing and sightseeing you're getting something done for school though... :| sounding like yer mom again, huh? LOL

It's not the same around here without you, and it's ONLY BEEN 5 DAYS!! **** , how do we make it til the middle of August??

OK, have fun, keep us posted (ha ha ha) ok, i'm old, but I thought that was funny.

kiss kiss

bunne