Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

HA! HA! HA! HA!

Kevin has layeth the smacketh downeth on your candy asses.

VTECisaGEEK and LUNDGROIN: SUPERSTAR AUTO-X'ers

At least your times are consistant, it takes talent to come in last place almost every time.

------------------
    98 Supersonic Blue Pearl GS-R
    Supercharged with 225 H.P. and 168 Torque to the wheels
    "The original smack talker of the JRSC" tkm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK Gsrev, It's time for us to step up to the plate and prove what our cars can do at the autocross track.

Guys, we'll be up against mostly Porsches and BMWs, but there's usually a few F-bodys, other imports, including several miatas (Damn! those go karts put me to shame!)there.

The results are a little slow to be posted on the website, but we'll try to summarize the results when we get back.

Keep in mind that Gsrev will be running street tires, while I have the R-compounds.

Oh, yeah, the child seats com out for this one wink.

------------------
    Tom

1996 Cypress Green Pearl Acura Integra 4 DR
    JRSC with JR fuel pump upgrade
    J&S Safeguard
    Tokico Illumina Shocks & Eibach Pro-kit Springs
    Dunlop D60/A2 JLBs (205 50 15) on stock 15 x 6 wheels (street)
    Kumho V700 Victoracers (205 50 15) on 15x7 rims (autocross)
    Century infant and booster child seats left at home!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, I know I was in the wrong class last year (DM) but my times were pretty good compared to the field in Houston Region, especially against non-"X" class FS and ESP cars. Those X class guys REALLY know how to drive!!!
    http://www.houscca.com/solo2/soloresults.html

I didn't get out for most of the second half, but my times WERE pretty good and I have only been doing this for under 2 years.

I'm not trying to pat myself on the back here (OK, maybe a little smile) but, The SC GSR can turn a few heads at these events, especially when it's a 4DR.

------------------
    Tom

1996 Cypress Green Pearl Acura Integra 4 DR
    JRSC with JR fuel pump upgrade
    J&S Safeguard
    Tokico Illumina Shocks & Eibach Pro-kit Springs
    Dunlop D60/A2 JLBs (205 50 15) on stock 15 x 6 wheels (street)
    Kumho V700 Victoracers (205 50 15) on 15x7 rims (autocross)
    Century infant and booster child seats left at home!!!

[This message has been edited by GSRDPM (edited January 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by GSRDPM (edited January 15, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Lundgren's whole point is the "kill stories". Raced a modded Cobra 5.slow a couple of nights ago. (Sounded like the usual headers/h-pipe/exhaust I've installed so many times...just him and I, no one else in the night air) I still have not installed my 3.8 pulley so as we rounded the on ramp on to the freeway, (I behind) I jumped on the gas to even us up. At about 40mph, dead even, he hit it! I slowly started to inch ahead up to about 80mph where I started walking away. As we reached about 120mph, I had about four car lengths on him. He stayed in it though, and as we reached a LONG sweeper I though I would add insult to injury by staying in it all the way through. I started in at about 130ish and relied on my 5-way Tokico/Neuspeed(springs that suck by the way)/Skunkworks combo to carry me through the turn. At about 140ish (with my ass clamped firmly to the seat!) and about halfway through the turn, I checked my rearview just in time. He was about ten lengths back and by the look of the swaying headlights, was trying desperately to keep it on the road. He shut it down without incident. I slowed to wait and talk, but when he saw I was waiting he quickly exited behind me. Although the poor guy almost lost it, it was the first time that anyone really ran me since the JRSC was installed. The moral to the story? I'm sure he would have killed me on any given day at a 1/4 track! That day though, we were driving our daily-driven-street-trim cars and my ego came out on top!

Fine print: I don't condone street racing. Don't place others at risk, however, if someone is willing to race you or me on a vacant road...it's your life, your business.

[This message has been edited by Zeus (edited January 15, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh My God,

I've got nothing to say about that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok ive been sitting back and watching this whole debate go on, i must say that i agree with GSR98 in that VTECnoGEEK should be a little more respectful toward fellow board members. Kevin seems like a knowledgable guy who doesnt discriminate like Vtecnogeek does.. by the way kevin that dyno was very impressive for a stock car. a camaro is a nice car you know? "camoron" remarks should be avoided, sure i love imports and i love tuning my turbo prelude just as much as you all do with your respective cars, but negative remarks from a moderator?? i dunno.

------------------
    '98 Turbo Prelude

[This message has been edited by PSIxH22A (edited January 15, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As Lundgren already stated, I took first in Crown, which actually has more autox'ers than SCCA. The SCCA times you felt so happy to quote were PAX'ed (indexed), so they are not representative of the "TRUE" times everyone ran. I also finished first place in EMOD in the Kansas City Championships (beating cars including the Lotus Super Seven you liked to bring up). This was of course after I had sticky tires and my fuel problems fixed. Also, the SCCA results were not correct, you will notcie I was classed in CMOD in the first few evnets. I am not going to argue these points. I have already spent too much time trying to justify something that you weren't around to witness. DarkSol, Lundgren, and many others can verify since they witnessed first hand. You want to talk smack, I'll lay some down. SCCA is having a national tour event in August in Colorado Springs (closest point between us). You want to show up, hell do whatever you want to your Camaro, I will be there. Along with Darksol, Lundgren, and some other KC guys. Bring your ride up there, and we will see who scores the better time. This isn't an MTRS challenege either, I have to be there so I can run Nationals in Sept. In fact, if you can't make COlorado in August, you could try to make Nationals in Sept. I will be there, and we will see who's times are the best, on the same course, at the same time of year, same weather, can't cut down on the factors any more than that. As for this post, and the personal spin it has taken, I am shutting it down. Call it my perogative as Moderator, but it has gone too far.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In all fairness, you cannot judge the results from the few pages you found. Geek didn't place 1st in SCCA, but in the other autocross club Crown, which consist of the same guys, same classes, just run ever other week from SCCA... but I'm sure he'll chime in.

As for myself, for the times posted, you need to know more about those races and the cars before you judge. Some of those races took place in rain, some had dry tracks others wet on the same day. This is the midwest, that's how it is.

Some of the cars, although they say camaro, are totally builtout race cars. You cannot just judge them by the name, the day or anything else.

This was my FIRST year autocrossing. I don't have racing slicks, and I wasn't running with after market springs or shocks, most of the year infact I didn't even have the supercharger installed. Sure I was beat by some of the Fbody guys, but I also beat them from time to time too, and if you take one car, you don't know if it was a trailer queen or what, so it's hard to judge by just those numbers alone, please flame carefully.

Don't talk about what you don't know, I've never claimed that I've won every race. But I do fare pretty well. When I leave the track and I'm 4 seconds behind a Camaro with 19 inch tires, that has been striped out, and is running slicks with VERY stiff suspension, I feel pretty good. I'm sure that when I run slicks with new suspension work, the times will be much closer. I've also got a lot of work to do on me, the driver. I've never claimed to be a superstar auto-crosser. But I have always said that I have beat a lot of the fbody guys, other cars etc., this is true, not everytime, but from a comparision in hp, weight, tires, I do better than them.

As for the Camaros we have here, all are totally stripped out, trailer queens. You should see when a new one, semi-modified but street legal comes to the track though. They run ok, but don't usually beat me, and sometimes walk away pretty sad, knowing that without a lot of modifications, like the stock integra to a large degree, they have a long way to go. The Camaro isn't a great autocross car. You may be able to to fast in a Camaro, but you don't go fast well. Actually I think that can be said about most cheap fast cars, they are just that cheap fast cars.

Frankly though, I really don't care about what car you drive so long as your happy with what you do. Seriously it really doesn't offend me either way. I do however think people need to understand that Kevin's comments here need to be taken carefully, becuase the numbers don't say everything.

If you have a problem with Geek's responses or claims, take it up with him, but leave me out of it. I've never mis-represented myself, I make my opinions, and they are just that, but I've never lied about my position, feelings or numbers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345