Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alex, I saw your results on the www.houscca.com website. Nice Going. If I remember correctly, the "trophy" is a small addition to the dash plaque you get at each event. It is a small square that says the place you finished in. That's what I got a couple of times in the past when I was in GS and CSP. See you Sunday. I'll have some friends there as well. A C5 vette and Z3 as well as some pedestrian cheerleeders, hopefully.

Boy, some of you guys stay up late....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, Kevin, and whcih are you??? ou didn't do so hot at the strip (from your own posts) and then you went out and bought a Camaro. Is that so you could get down the 1320 faster? Sounds like it to me. Not cause you wanted a "better" car, you just wanted to go down the strip. As for autox classes, they are running Street Touring, and Street Mod at Nationals and on the Tour Events. It will be optional in the regions for the first couple of years until SCCA mandates it everywhere. Now I am not sure how competetive the class should be, but I think it will be a great class for those of us with engine swaps or forced induction. I have been to the strip, and I wasn't bad, I just didn't really enjoy it. The biggest deal is in the launch, and like lundgren said, barring any problems, after you are out of the hole your grandmother could drive it. Throttle to the ground, shift at the top. I have alot of respect for the pros, reflexs like coiled springs, and nerves of steel. I think it is an okay thing on occasion.

And as for the bith of racing, I am not going to get into the arguing of semantics, as far as organized racing goes, the 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile drag events are much younger than other forms of racing.

------------------
    I am making $150-200 a month, just for surfing the net!!!

Find out how you can do the same at VTeCno's Get Paid to Surf Site!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not saying drag racing is better than autocross, people have their preferences. Both are fun too. I have mine but that's not the point.

And I agree, racing on the street can be dangerous. I choose my street races VERY carefully.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lundgren, I know Im jumping in late, but I have my two cents.(Not Negative). I live in south florida where there are alot of import cars. However, there is alot of money down here. I have attended two autoX in the last year and a half. For the people out there who are ragging out autoX, Being a Drag fan, autoX is pretty killer and I was suprised! However, Lundgren when I went to them, all the people owned a BMW, Porche, Ferrari, Viper, or an Audi quattro! Furthermore, the people were not my peers. The crowd was late, late 20s to 60s. And since they were older and more wealthy, I did not fit in, they were stuck on themselves. However, at the dragstrip, there are plety of peers willing to help you out in any why possible. Given one any info he/she needs. So I believe this is why more FWD imports like the dragstripe so much. Also, one can go to the drag stripe and race for as little as $10 on a test and tune night. AutoX is $150 and up. Also, the youngens want to beat the other youngen at the light so they can be "cool"! And feel good KILLEN the Mustang that is beefier! You cant get the Mustangs to go somewhere were there a turns and race you there. Plus in Florida, all the roads are STRAIT as a board. (Be careful you can fall asleep!) Like I said Im not taken either side, just showing you my prospective!!!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are going to some seriously screwed up AutoX's. Auto cross here costs $15-25 per event. And that, no matter how many people show up, gets you 4-5 runs. Sure, some nights at the strip you can make 9+ runs, but I have shown up, paid my $10, and then gotten two runs in cause the lines were huge and they let the pro guys run, and the bikes run. I think lundgren and my frustration comes from people who are dissapointed or pissed off about their 1/4 mile times when that is not the end all/be all of performance measurement.

------------------
    I am making $150-200 a month, just for surfing the net!!!

Find out how you can do the same at VTeCno's Get Paid to Surf Site!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

vtecno, I sorry, I was talking about driving schools that I attended at Sebring racecourse. They are a two day event with 2 45min track sesions and 3 classroom classes a day. I never heard of just a $10-$25 one night event down hear! But I do know they exist up north and out west.
    Mistake Im Sorry

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Am I going?? eek What kind of a question is that?? I have been anxiously awaiting this moment since the day you mentioned it smile As a matter of fact I will have some cheerleaders there for me! My best friend will be going to check it out. I friend of mine that has a mildly moded gsr, 2 00'type r's will be there. I am just soooo excited. Guess what Tom.. that first autox i just found out I am getting a trophy, at the next event. The event master forgot them last time. What does the trophy look like?? That is a cool feeling, first autox and i get a prize.

Okay enough of that.. my take on this post. I have never taken my car to the strip. Not cuz I dont want to but I work late all week, the days that the track is open hear is wednesday and friday. I look forward to going since I do indeed love drag. I am a big fan of import racing. I live in houston and feel like a complete nut for not ever being exposed to racing prior to my teg purchase. I went to the last 3 nopi events here in texas. I have to admit though guys that watching a 15+ car is just not exciting. But watching 10 sec imports makes me wet smile. Having said that I went to the Matco Nationals in november and I have never seen so much power in my life. Top Fuel dragsters are all that and a bag of chips. I am soooo hooked on racing. As for excitement, autox i think is a little funner cuz it last longer. But nothing beats the adrenaline rush of lining up next to someone and having an all out race. I LOVE street racing.. to bad it is soo illegal. I guess I just like being the underdog. I got the blower not becuz of autox all though it did turn out to be a +, but I didn't want to get beat by just the average import and i wanted to be able to compete w/ the v8's which I have soo much fun doing. But to cut this post a little shorter.. I am glad I can do both and be somewhat competative. "Just do whatever flips your skirt!" smile

------------------
    6 psi JRSC'd 98 Super Sonic Blue GSR w/ ground control, agx's, and power slots

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I know. I was waiting to post my arogant opinion about the issue when I thought the board was getting slow.

It's a good thing I didn't select the box to send me emails when somebody replies!

I need a good race.

Love and peace!

------------------
    Lundgren
    Lundgren's Integra Site
    My AllAdvantage Page

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

smile

------------------
    98 Supersonic Blue Pearl GS-R
    Supercharged with 225 H.P. and 168 Torque to the wheels
    "The original smack talker of the JRSC" tkm

Kevin

Talking

Oh where shall I begin Geek?

I didn't do so hot at the strip you say? How about 14.071 at 99.59mph on 17 inch wheels and street tires? Or how about a best 60ft of 2.1xx on street tires?

I'd like to see you do better...

Oh that's right, I remember back last March when you were convinced that your 6psi teg was pulling a 13.4 on street tires because your g-tech said so (I'd like you see you tell everyone that now, you'd get laughed at). Remember that guy? Of course then we come to find out from your darksol buddy that you had in fact been to the strip, and apparently you had trouble getting into the 14's. Geeee, I wonder why you don't like drag racing now?

I suggest you get your facts straight before you try to flame me son. Feel free to remove your foot from your mouth at any time you like.

Ah, street touring.....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>A new concept started in 1997. This class allows sedans (four seaters) with a maximum displacement of 3.1L, normally aspirated. This class is for the popular street cruisers with lowered suspension, air filter systems, and wider wheels.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, I'm sure you could be very competitive in that class. You just need to remove that supercharger first. While your at it, you might as well take out that limited slip differential too. Those aren't allowed either.

SCCA doesn't take kindly to aftermarket power adders.
    They never have, they never will.

Face the facts, you will be forever stuck in a class that you will be hopelessly outgunned in.

Keep chewing on that foot.

Just for the record, the reason I switched cars was because of the facts that I have displayed here. I accepted the fact that my teg would be useless for autox. I realized that it was stupid to pour money into a car that would NEVER be competitive. Luckily, I got out before I got too deep, and i was able to recover most of the money. If I could do it all over again, I would've taken that money I blew on the SC and gone to a driving school. The teg would've been an excellent car for e-stock or sp. With instruction, I bet i would have torn up the local events. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20 right?

To be honest, drag racing in Vegas is terrible due to the 2200ft elevation. Our 1/4 mile times are on average, 1/2 second slower than a track at sea level. ie: Pomona. We have to use correction factors in order to obtain our real times. This was the reason I would go down to Pomona to race on occasion. This doesn't take away from the fact that it is still fun as hell. But being able to compete for a points championship in autox is what I really want to do.

Feel free to continue passing judgment on me. Why it is that you (geek) and a few others (you know who you are) feel it is your duty to test my resolve in this matter, i haven't the slightest idea. But with each successive personal attack, you do nothing but futher display your own ignorance.

------------------
    1998 GSR(sold)
    14.059 @ 99.37
    2000 LS1 Z28
    -dynoed(stock) 296.3hp & 314.3ft/lbs to the wheels
    www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/4603

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast