Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kevin: You're forgetting about the new "Street Modified" class, formerly "STU". You could shove a turbo'd Prelude VTEC with its' fancy diff. into an old CRX, slap on 9" slicks, gut the interior and be completely legal in this class.

Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JRSC, yada yada...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vteckno geek, i have to say, as a moderator u need some work. i mean ur flaming guys on u r board. take it easy, i mean i've seen kevin since i first came on this board, he should be the same guy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sure the integra is not competative in EMOD but it is in STU or as it's known now as STM. This is a new class to address the large population of full streetable cars, that are highly modified.

I hope you find the Camaro more competative, faster, more reliable, more customizable... or whatever. Just remember that whatever we do, we all drive in a classes. It doesn't matter, there is always something better, faster, more reliable, more customizable.. or whatever.

Seriously no sarcasm here. Good luck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holden: Actually I think a car in ST, STU or STM as it is now called, must have 4 seats. A CRX is best in CSP. With a blown prelude transplant it would be in what... DMOD?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

E-Mod due to engine displacement multiplied by the conversion factor. I should know. I incorrectly spent 3/4 of 1999 in the Houston region D-mod class and was going to receive their 1st place trophy (OK, in a field of mostly one!). I first learned that I was supposed to be in Emod on this board, checked the rulebook and called the solo committee and informed them of my error frown. Oh well.

It was also my understanding that the ST classes were for 4 seat and up cars. anyoue sure about this. If so Gsrev, you should be second and not third in that last autocross! We'll see what happens this weekend... wink

------------------
    Tom

1996 Cypress Green Pearl Acura Integra 4 DR
    JRSC with JR fuel pump upgrade
    J&S Safeguard
    Tokico Illumina Shocks & Eibach Pro-kit Springs
    Dunlop D60/A2 JLBs (205 50 15) on stock 15 x 6 wheels (street)
    Kumho V700 Victoracers (205 50 15) on 15x7 rims (autocross)
    Century infant and booster child seats in back!

[This message has been edited by GSRDPM (edited January 15, 2000).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry. My mistake.

I forgot about the four seat requirment. Make that a blown prelude engine in a 90 Civic!

From the way the variable displacement rules are written, pushrod engines can be up to 6 liters. I hope there are some pony cars around here that join SM because sub-frame connectors are legal. It will be interesting to be in the same class!

Anyone know what engine code 14 means? (From my other thread, sorry).

Greg Holden

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kevin,

Darksol and I had some differing stories. That time at the strip we ran he had a best of 14.0, down from his best of a 13.7, and I had a best of 14.2 (on street tires). The time at the strip with lundgren, we both got into the 14's, and to give you an idea, a guy who runs a modified 95 RX-7 iwith a best of 13.1 only ran a 14.6 that night due to heat and humidity. As for the AutoX, I won E-Mod for Kansas City. I showed up every race, ran, and didn't break anything (which kept two of the Trailer Queens out of Two Races each). No, it probably isn't competetive on a national level, but it is competetive in regional. And it's fun. As for Street Mod, I believe its been said. Also, the car has to be street legal, full interior, and if someone wants to shove a Prelude motor in the front of a civic, more power to them, the weight distribution will be all off and I will still have a run at them. I am not trying to flame Kevin, but some of his comments need to be replied to, especially for a Camoron smile

------------------
    I am making $150-200 a month, just for surfing the net!!!

Find out how you can do the same at VTeCno's Get Paid to Surf Site!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

vtecno, I do understand and agree with what you and lundgren believe!! There are too many factors in drag racing to jug the cars output. Ex: enough VHP on the trap, temp., bar press., altitude,etc... I know someone is going to rip me up about those facters so Im waiting!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Lundgren....look at what you started!!! wink

Hehehe....I think this is the fastest growing post this year. smile

Kevin

Thumbs up

Hold your horses everyone. This is gonna be good. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this.

So you WON E-mod in Kansas eh? Well considering the amount of trash you have been talking I decided to look up your race results on your regional web page. Considering you are such a badass autocrosser, I wanted to see how fast badass is....

According to your chapter, you got THIRD. And the ONLY reason you got third was because you showed up to more races than everyone else. Every race you entered, you got LAST place, except for one time you beat a delsol. HORRAY! First place ended the season with 630 points, you ended with 240. Woah, that was close! I think that dude in the lotus (who DID win the points championship) was worried for a second... NOT!

Not only did you get whipped by EVERY car you competed against in E-mod (except lundgren of course and that del sol), but you consistently got your ass handed to you by almost every car in every other class too! About the only thing you did consistently was clock some of the slowest times of each meet.

Your results from August 29th as follows:
    -Last place in class (out of three)
    -78th overall (out of 82, lundgren got 76th)

You competed in several races this season and you were ALWAYS one of the slowest cars there.

I thought you told me that you have smoked all the f-bodies at your meets? According to your results for the year, I don't think you beat A SINGLE ONE. Hell even the old third-gen V6's were kicking your ass. Let alone the 4th gen LS1 V8's like mine. The Z28's were running times that were WAYYY out of your league. You weren't even close to their times, and these car were competing in stock and street prep! Damn even the guys in the novice classes were running quicker times than you.

Ya know, normally I don't get this nasty. Afterall, autox is very hard. I can appreciate someone who is just starting out. But you two (geek and lundgren) take the cake. You guys go out and autocross, get smoked by everything short of a 1971 Triumph, then come over here and gloat about how you smoke all these "Crapmaros" and how your cars are so superior in autoX. Then continue to condescend to everyone who disagrees, when in fact you haven't even come CLOSE to accomplishing a mere FRACTION of the things you tell everyone.

I'm sorry, but that is truly pathetic.

If anyone else wants to see geek and lundgren's dominating performances in autoX check these out:
    http://www.kcrscca.org/solo/results99/s2pnts99.htm
    http://www.kcrscca.org/solo/results99/s2rslt99.htm
    http://members.tripod.com/ksregion/s829cls.htm
    They should be easy to find, afterall who else would run and integra in E-mod?

------------------
    1998 GSR(sold)
    14.059 @ 99.37
    2000 LS1 Z28
    -dynoed(stock) 296.3hp & 314.3ft/lbs to the wheels
    www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/4603

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited January 15, 2000).]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast