Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which gauges and where to mount them for stealth?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hey everybody, it looks like i am joining the FI club for sure, i need more power, (insert Tim Allen grunt).
    Well the questions are, what gauges do i need, i did a search and found most people run boost and air/fuel ratio. Any others that might be useful?

Next question is where to install them so that they are mostly out of site. I dont like the look of the A pillar mounts because then everyone knows your packing something. I am going for the stealth approach, so i thought the opening near the factory stereo where a tape deck goes might be good. probably could fit a few gauges in there. anhyone done this install or another good spot please post pics and descriptions so that i can get some good "out of sight" areas. Thanks everybody,

SteveW
    97 GSR
    http://www.performancechicago.com/members/swielgus.html

[This message has been edited by SteveW (edited July 20, 1999).]

Kevin

Oh, and I suppose a
    Tanabe racing medalion and TypeR rear spoiler are totally "stealth" items wink J/K

Yea, I am thinking about the same deal. I think a boost gauge and air/fuel gauge will do fine in the location you are talking about, I was thinking along the same lines.

------------------
    Kev
    1998 GSR
    jackson racing supercharger, custom air intake, JR fuel pump, stock exhaust manifold, stock exhaust, random technology high-flow catalytic converter. 215hp to the wheels. www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/4603

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went to the Summit site and they had something called mounting cups. Maybe they would work, i oculd mount them inside the existing speedo and tach area. I heard the gauges are too big to fit in that area by the stereo, maybe square guages would work, has anyone seen square ones?

Kevin, I dont think i stick out that much, i have no crazy body kit or stickers. that spoiler and exhaust are really mild compared to some that i have seen.

Steve

BoostJunkie

Red face

He said "cups", hehe.

Hey all check this out for stealth.
    Go to http://www.geocities.com/~935draggers/
    then choose your mode.
    Then go to Coverage of the June 27 Import Nationals @ Rose Bowl, Pasadena.
    Then scroll down to 935's WIKED TELEVISION

Then click Special: Mike Shows Us his "Top Secret" Mods and enjoy. smile

------------------
    Since I'm a Dragonball Z nut, does that make my car a Super Integra-jin.

Kevin

Wink

Just pullin' your chain Steve smile

Let us know what you come up with, I would like a couple of gauges as well.

------------------
    Kev
    1998 GSR
    jackson racing supercharger, custom air intake, JR fuel pump, stock exhaust manifold, stock exhaust, random technology high-flow catalytic converter. 215hp to the wheels. www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/4603

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boost, that guy did a lot of work for that. here is a link for those too lazy to go and look:
    http://www.extremeimports.com/~935dr...s0699_08m.html

I think that is more involved then i want to make it. Maybe i'll pick up one of those gauge cups and see how it looks mounted in places in the car.

Come on,no one else has any ideas of where to mount gauges so that they are hidden, not everyone uses the A-pillar mounts do they?

Once i do this i will post pics of places for the gauges that i find. till then i would still like to hear any other ideas.

Steve

BoostJunkie

Cool

Thank man, you could try the area reserved for the cruise control and the dash light/dim knob. The controls could be relocated.
    The other deal was for eye candy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

check it out -

in TMR there's a White Turbo'ed Integra w/ White Face gauges. The extra guages were mounted in place of the cruise control switch and the panel dimmer. looks like they popped right in. This may be something you might want to think about - of course this means re locating your cruise switch and dimmer knob.

-= jn =-

Kuni

Talking

If you don't mind cutting your dash, you cant put 2" gauges in the spot where the dimmer and cruise control go. You're gonna have to make the hole a little bigger but there's lots of room inside the dash. I'm almost finished with my center console. I'm mounting two 2" autometers in the spot where the ash tray, cig. lighter and drink holder go. Custom fiberglass panel that looks OEM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stevew,

I am in the process of mounting a triple 2" gauges where the factory radio goes and then moving the radio down below it. I'm waiting for my back ordered gauges from Summit. By the time they get here I could probably make my own (dripping sarcasm)It's literally been months!

I designed a triple gauge plate that has the same dimensions as the radio. Theoretically it should work. I just have to find a reasonable way to mount it, but I can't do all this until Summit wakes up.

I'll take some pics when all is said and done.

For the record, three 2" diameter gauges will occupy the same space as the factory radio.

------------------
    Invention breeds invention -Ralph Waldo Emerson
    ------------------------
    '96 GSR Sedan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast