Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You guys simply have to many messages in your directory.... The moderator should prune the message board from time to time....

cheers,

bettman

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys, I know that alot of people have expressed the dissatisfaction with having to decrease our messages due to space limitations. We sort of treat this as an archive of information. Would you (meaning the members) like me to look around for another host, or do you want me to try and subjectively delete some of the less important messages? I will let you decide!

JB

Question

I really don't understand. I thought their problem was bandwidth, not diskspace.

I don't understand how we can be running out of space. Seriously, text does not take up that much space.

I just did a little experiment: I copied and pasted GSRDPM's entire post about driving school into a plain text document. That's a very long post, and it comes to 7.22KB. Even if all ~1000 posts on this board were that long, it would only add up to ~7MB. And that's uncompressed!

I know there are a lot of forums on this board, but none are as popular as this one. They can't be taking up much space. So, what is taking up all the space? Everything outside of the text is part of the BB software, right? The pics are stored elsewhere, so the only thing we're adding is the text. Is a few megs too much?

Bettman, I wouldn't presume to tell you how to run your BB, but I think you could make allowances for your largest board. This is the largest now, right? I'm sure you get a good portion of your banner clickthroughs from people that visit this board(I know I click every day smile).