Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Of someone you care about?

Me grief doesn't seem to hit me untill a few months have gone by, then it seems to hit me hard.

Sorry if I am ramballing on about this, but I figure here, I have some people I can confide in.

Inactive Member Emperor Quathan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i remember that the closest family mamber was my grandma on my moms part of the family. yup, grandma was actually closer than mom or dad. some ppl im weird for saying that. my grandma wasthe wisest and sartest person that i knew. se always taught me the most usefulthings. whenever i was in a crisis, se always helped me find a way outta it. well, a few weeks before death, i heard she was having breathing problems. it was ok, but it wasnt. my mom hid the fact that even though grandma was "OK", she was in fact dying internally. well, one night, i went down stairs (it was after new years by a few weeks) i heard my dad speaking on the phone to my moms friend. he said "no, she's not here, she had to take her mother to the hospital i dont know when she'll be back." well, panic sruck out in me. later that night, my dad said that she was only going in for tests. a bit of relief. well, when my bother heard the news, he was quite worried. the next mrning (the worst day of my life s far) i woke up, anda light knock on my door. well it was my om and se said that well....she died. that was it. the big one. the road block.

the way i handle death for someone else...well, i might cry on and off for a few days but after a while, i take the blow. yes it was hard to dealwith and at first i tok it alright, but i remember how hurt i was. [img]frown.gif[/img]

oh yea and about wat dc said before about running away far from it all, thats the same way i feel when someone dies. well, i hope al the ppl who post here feel better. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well.....

Grief is so individual.. some people are stoic, some are a basket case... some turn to otherz while others turn inward.

Im pretty verbal, if I feel safe (comfortable) I just share it....... if not...

vrooooooooooooooooom out my fingers it comes.... sometimes here...other times just out them..in a journal....

i tend to gravitate towards my family too....

When my Dad died, it was such a blessing/curse. He was sick. Very, very sick and the only options for him were... death fast... or death slow. He opted for fast. Knowing it was coming didn't ease any pain for me. I didn't have that beautiful heart to heart talk that I see in the movies. I just couldn't. I did, however, come home every single weekend from school and hang out. Was hard tho. My instinct was to run.. and run far. Get away from the whole death thing. Anyway, he died on Feb 8, 1994. I know what time of day ( 7ish...) I know what I was doing...... ( making cupcakes for my roommates birthday ) and I know what I was wearing..... its just all etched in my mind. I remember that my best friend had called just an hour earlier... and we talked about my dad... and how I could call her any time, day or night in a heart beat and she'd drive there from Minneapolis. No questions. Not knowing that he was probably dying or dead when we were discussing it. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, I fell apart. Cried for hours literally. Cried for days.... but also numb for days.

But my grief stayed for a very long time. I did lots of reading on it too. One t hing I learned is, there is no time frame for it. And no right or wrong..... its a feeling that no one should judge you on.

yeap i shure babbled here

Inactive Member The Reverend Dark Angel's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My mom died a year ago. I didn't grieve over it. She, like chloe's dad, had been really really sick and I had spent over a decade taking care of her so it was easier for me to let her go than it was for my Pop. Her death proved to me who my family truly was, and surprisingly it was a smaller number than I thought. But I don't grieve, I just let it go.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I put DOg Heaven on here for you... last week... I hope you read it. I was thinking about Hussy.

<font color="#188999" size="1">[ January 01, 2004 11:20 AM: Message edited by: demon chloe ]</font>