-
Wow! some of those pics scare me.
Did you go visit Bombay? That's where my favorite pro-wrestler, Sabu, is from. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif
------------------
From the foggy mists of the Medicine Bow Forest.
First member of:
Gangstas of Luv
"politically incorrect, and damn proud!"
-the sandman
-
BEAR!! HEEEEEEEEY.....welcome back! I read on the spawn board you took "some time" off....glad to see you're back
*gives ya a big ol bear hug*
-
Thanks. I think it's cooled down over there now though. I hope.
------------------
From the foggy mists of the Medicine Bow Forest.
First member of:
Gangstas of Luv
"politically incorrect, and damn proud!"
-the sandman
-
very cool pics kerlala!
that looks kinda like my old car, and yeah i remember those squat toilets...I got pretty good at them.
I could squat on the train while reading a book, and eating a snickers bar. Actually my aim was always a little off.
But that's another story...ever notice the more you sleep the more tired you are.
-
thanks for the pics Kerala....*s* they are very sad living conditions over there tho....
-
No Bear I didn't get the chance to go to Bombay..the only other place that I went in India other than Bangalore and Hydrabad was Kerala...which is on the west coast of India...I went swimming for the first time in the ocean there*VBS*...and yeah War it was really sad...but you'll find some of the happiest people there*S*
-
kerala, do they know what other places(countries) look like to compare what they have to others?
does the assistance they get help, or do they get any kind of assistance??
does the jobcor, help with the abitlity to teach the communty to be self reliante??
how much technology do they have (if any)??
how sheltered are they from what happens in the world???
sorry asking to many questions.....
-
No Warlord I have yet to have the opportunity to go to another under developed country, but I would love to one day. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Because of the caste system the "untouchables" or those that live in the slums are not helped at all...they are in their position because they have somehow not managed to apease the gods. So often parents cripple their children so that others will be sympathetic to them begging and even still others sell their children into temple prostitution. Although many deny this happens it does and you can't escape the truth of that as you walk the streets.
I knew a lady that worked in the hospitals of India and because she was from the highest caste...Brahman...everytime she dealt with someone from a lower caste she had to go through a purification process...so when people tell me the caste system no longer exists I have a hard time believing it.
The people that do help those in need are often Christian missionaries, but the religious persecution there is rampant...while I was there a father and his children were burnt alive in their car by Hindu radicals...he had devoted his life for 17 years working in a leper hospital.
As far as technology is concerned they are not behind the times...on every corner you'll find a place where you can check your email and what not. In fact the leader of Hydrabad was cleaning up the city because it was to become the headquarters for Microsoft India while we were there.
Kay I've managed to ramble, but I hope that answered your questions. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif