Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if I knew how to post the email cartoon I got about Bush...I sure would *L....he is a warmonger...he won't be happy until he has a world war....did anyone read the Brethren by John Grisham....it's about a president elect...it's quite similar in some ways I find to what is going on ...not the same countries etc...but...

Inactive Member EvolutionHasBegun's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So the question needs to be asked. What exactly SHOULD be done about the entire situation? I mean we can't just ignore it. (we being the entire world in general) We're focusing mostly on foreign threats to the United States when the issue should be global threats. For those that haven't noticed pretty much ALL political leaders are madmen. They're paranoid and power hungry. Each world leader wants to be the king of the hill. It's an old sandlot game of king of the mountain. I'm sure most of you remember that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I listened to the State of the Union Address..Also Colin Powell's so called proof....Im still torn on this subject. I didnt see any evidence that was enough for me to scream lets go to war and kill thousands of innocent people...Im still questioning is this about terrorism or is this about Oil..
    Also I think it has to be noticed that the majority of the population of each country ...the general public...Do NOT want to go to war with Iraq...I think the people have to be heard....but they wont be...I feel like Bush will do what he wants in the long run
    The man scares me...He has from the day he was elected...he has a backwards way of thinking and is tunnel vision when it comes to war....Very scary..
    I think if Bush could be trusted...If the history wasnt there that he inherited his father's grudge..if he didnt seem so hell bent on war with or without UN support...I would feel better about this....but it scares the hell outta me...I think a war with Iraq will not only be faught on foreign soil....There will be tremendous loss for all sides.
    I also think the bottom line is this...If the United States goes to war without UN support...then they should go it alone...the United Nations was formed for a reason....and if this were any other country saying they were going against the UN to invade the U.S....there would be hell to pay
    I tend to think in the year 2003..with all the advancements at our reach...We certainly can take out Sadam without an all out war on that country.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with heidi... there is no need for an all out attack against iraq... that would only endanger innocent iraqi nationals (the people the US claim to want to help) saddam himself would as always ensure he is in the safest of locations if iraq are attacked.
    I also wonder just how much of this has to do with oil and daddy's old grudges as far as bush is concerned and as far as i have heard most australians are suspicious of his motives.
    I do think iraq does need to be checked out by the weapons inspectors and i would agree that it appears the iraqis are deliberately deceiving and lying to the weapons inspectors, however, i do not think it is americas place to deal with iraq... who voted the US judge, jury & executioner? noone did... they have taken it upon themselves to butt in and try to take over, effectively weakening the authority of the UN and the security council in the process.
    As far as i'm concerned the UN and the international community need to tell the US government in no uncertain terms that to facilitate a peaceful resolution to the matter of iraq that only UN, nato, british, australian & possibly then the french troops will be entering iraq to assist in weapons inspections. Inspections that are to be carried out while iraq is kept in total military lock down for the whole of the inspection process... if they find nothing... they go home... if they find anything... it should & could immediately begin to be disarmed...
    By keeping the US out of it all it would for the most part appease the iraqi people and the muslim and arab communities. After all the americans would only stuff it up and make things worse anyway *L* they always do when they butt in trying to "help" eg korea, afganistan. It would be better to send in troops that aren't baying for blood, such as the brits & aussies, after all most people would agree that after sept 11 the americans are just itching for a fight and it seems like they don't really care which middle eastern country they invade to get it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You also have to realize that Bush said he would build Iraq again....Thats no easy task...So Americans have to think about that...do you want your tax paying dollars paying to build another nation for the next 20 Years?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]eek.gif[/img]

<font color="#0000FF" size="1">[ February 07, 2003 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Annabananabelle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok kids, its unpopular opinion time....

Have ANY of you been to the middle east? I have. I was in the navy for desert shield and saw the atrocities first hand... its easy enough to pass judgement on things when all your info is supplied by sensationalist media... ( and anyone who says CNN is NOT sensationalist did not see the 24 hour live coverage for 2 weeks of men digging rubble out of NY just hoping to catch a glimpe of some poor soul's charred corpse )

speaking of charred corpses... do you know what Saddam does to his people? He has organised rape squads.... Its ok to kill your daughter there if she spends time with a man you don't approve of.. it called an honor killing and is a misdemeanor.. with little or no jail time.. ( in other middle eastern countries as well ) He gassed his own people in the streets.. women lying with thier babies still in their arms... eyes wide open.. dead. Check into amnesty international.

I didn't vote for Bush.. I don't want his job though.. nothing is as black and white as it seems and you'd better believe he has more info on this than any of you do... I don't want war... no one does.. I've seen war up close and its ugly. But unfortunately it is sometimes the way it goes... its been around since time began and isn't going anywhere in our lifetime or our childrens sadly... however, the comment about America being ridiculous to enforce disarmament on Iraq when we are armed is moronic... should we also take weapons away from police in an effort to negotiate with criminals to also put down theirs? Get real. America shouldn't have to be the worlds great protector but we have been launched into that postion time and again... And its NOT America alone calling for the disarmament.. its the ENTIRE UN security council.. when you said you were only half listening to the news.. you weren't kidding were you...

The fact is that the whole world bitches about American arrogance but runs like hell to us when they need money or need to be bailed out when they get invaded. Australians and most of the south pacific would probably be eating with chopsticks if it weren't for the use of the atomic weapon in WWII. And Europe would be knee deep in sauerkraut if we hadn't shown up there too. It may not be a happy fact to admit but its a true one... don't want us in your business... quit asking us for money.

Please don't compare our leaders to the likes of Iraq's or N. Korea's... I have never feared a nerve gas attack from our president... I don't have a gun pointed at me at the voters booth... I've never had my life threatened by the police for disagreeing with the government.

Like I said... I didn't vote for him.. I really don't agree with him... however.. I won't sit in condemnation either. Of course War is bad and Peace is good.. but don't be so naive to think the world is that cut and dry.

<font color="#0000FF" size="1">[ February 07, 2003 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Annabananabelle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

btw.. just to make things clear..

I'm honestly scared as hell too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well one thing is certain no matter how hard of a decision it may be for bush (letting the assumption stand that he's not wanting war.. and has to decide) its harder for the guys who are going to have to fight. Every president is gung ho for a war.. but no president has ever had his son fight in a war he has been in office for.

And i dont know if his people would rather be killed by us than Saddam.. this isn't about how he treats his people. Its foolish to think that.. ever been to korea? ever been to China? they dont treat their people any better.. we'd never fight china and we have nothing to gain from korea. There's lots of countries like this. That is not the reason we're fighting him.

I say "we" but im very aware im not gonna be sent there.. like eminem said *G* "you're just a baby at 18. im 28 they'll send you before they send me" damn never thought i'd be able to quote eminem in a serious debate. Kids fight these wars.. if your'e over like 25 they dont even want you.. I worry more about the people who will be killed than whats gonna happen to our economy and bushs hard on to beat iraq. anyway i see both sides in a weird way but it all comes down to the actual war and the lives lost.. for what? Is it necessary? i mean does the future of our country depend on it? no we're doing it for very abstract reasons no matter how much bush now tries to tell us we're in immediate trouble.
    But its gonna happen so in a way no reason to fight it.. but theres no reason to be gung ho either or celebrate it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

k i completely misquoted. i got a part of it right .. hate when people do that
    its
    [i]all this terror America demands action, next thing you know you've got Uncle Sam's ass askin'
    to join the army or what you'll do for their Navy.
    You just a baby, gettin' recruited at eighteen
    You're on a plane now, eatin' their food and their baked beans. I'm twenty-eight, they're gonna take you 'fore they take me