Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Has anyone heard whatever happened to the baby who was "claimed" to be the first human ever to be cloned?
    I remember hearing all about it on the news last year... and they were bringing it over to the states to be verified and classified as a genuine clone and not some scandal. They brought the baby over and the last thing I heard was they were going to begin testing that following week.

Seems like the name of the group doing the cloning was called "CloneAid" but I could be wrong.

I have scoured the net for any followups regarding this whole thing and there is absolutely NOTHING that has been documented.

I know I can't be the only person who's wondering about this... ok...

Maybe I'm the only person on this board who's wondering about this.
    *lol*

Anyone???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

i'm lost....

CanadianGirl

Angry

I remember that story Bri...her name was Eve

Clonaid claims birth of first human clone (Eve) by caesarian section on 26th December 2002 and a second child in Europe (Netherlands) to a lesbian couple in early January, a third in late January to a Japanese couple who cloned their dead son, plus another to a couple from Saudi Arabia and a further child - country of origin not declared. But no evidence of any kind had been offered by mid February to substantiate their claims.

Born outside the US to an American woman, Eve was apparently created using Dolly technology - a skin cell and a human egg from the "mother" who is infertile. Clonaid claims 3 other "mothers" will give birth soon, one of which is carrying a twin of a dead child.

While many experts expressed doubts about the claims, Clonaid said that independent gene testing would prove the claim about Eve in less than a week. This promise was withdrawn after a lawsuit was begun in the US to make Eve a ward of court, on the basis that the "mother" was the baby girl's twin sister and the "mother" had no legal parental rights even though she had just given birth to her own twin. A similar court case was launched in the Netherlands after reports that the second birth was to a Dutch lesbian. Clonaid say that the "parents" are afraid their cloned babies will be seized and taken away from them permanently. In early February Clonaid said that testing of the Japanese baby boy was under way.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, well, well .................

I hate when I can't find what I'm look'n for on the net... there's a vast wealth of information about anything you'd wanna know about...
    How to remove a wart in less than 7 days, how to set your clock on your vcr, how to get bubblegum out of your hair but NOTHING on THIS particular cloning issue! Grrrrr!
    [img]mad.gif[/img]
    What I wanna know is WHY there is nothing?

Are we being kept in the dark about this, is there a child being raised out there that is a perfect identical to another living creature out there that we're not aware of? Has this been "hushed" so to speak?

I know that I can't be the ONLY one who has wondered what happened to this baby.

Screw it.
    *goes off to find information on how to re-wire a lamp*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    *blinks*
    Woahhhh CG!
    When I came in here, I didn't see you and so I posted that. *points up to my above post*
    Thank you for at least posting!!! something!!! about what had happened.
    I knew they were about to test, but then the world heard nothing after...

*kisses you*
    Thanx again!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i must say, i think cloning is wrong. it is totally gonna screw us one day in the future when the next Saddam Hussein gets ahold of it & clones his dead sons & they're gonna end up just like in pet semetary with the psycho kid. it's just not natural. the mother cloning her dead child? not natural i tell ya. that's my opinion & i'm stickin to it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mystic...
    I kinda more or less agree with you.
    I think its very un-natural... and kinda scary.
    But...
    I'm curious by nature, yanno... and when that issue came up about the human baby that was cloned, I couldn't seem to find anything about the results.
    It just seemed "closed to the public" (so to speak) like, maybe hoping we'd all forget about it.
    I have mixed feelings about it... as human nature goes, I have a desire to see growth as scientists go further and further in pushing their limits...
    BUT!!!
    I also have moral issues with the whole thing, and I don't believe its ethically right either.

If I had to pick from the two choices ... I'd say let the cloning issue die .............. permantly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*cold shiver up my spine

Inactive Member EvolutionHasBegun's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

much like any other technological advancement it can be used to serve both good and bad purposes... technology is only as good as the man or woman who has access to it....