3 years of dealing with $300 long distance
    charges that should have been $3 every month
    for 6 months, fighting with them constantly over
    this to have the charges taken off, being told
    I had to pay the $300 and then they would
    reimburse me.....fuk that.......I should not
    have been charged in the first place, get your
    shit straight or I call my attorney!

Go for it and make them pay for your lost business!
    They just dont get it when they are killing your
    business.......all they worry about is their
    business and how they can screw people!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We don't have Roger's here in the US. Sprint, both landline and cell is a horrible company. Cingular sounds similar to Roger's as far as the bill in advance for a month...it's so hard to explain to customers, and also, Cingular is notorious for over billing. I saw it month after month with really pissed of customers...I totally feel your pain. You did the right thing, cancel and find a better company who appreciates your loyalty and business, and who bills you correctly.

btw..nice to see you Sniffs...you're missed! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

never, never, never EVER!!! use Roger's Wireless for your cell phone service. They have the absolute WORST customer service on the planet!!!! we own a small business. we have had 2 phones through rogers for 4 years now. we have NEVER stuck them for a dime. most of our money comes in at the end of the month so we consistently pay them about 5 days late. not ideal but not terrible. the business is young and there's lots of equipment to buy so cash flow isn't the greatest for most of the month... which is why we pay at the end of the month when most of our money comes in. Rogers knows this. in fact, almost every month i call them and let them know what date they will be getting their money and i keep to that promise EVERY month... our business won't run without the phones. i'm not stupid enough to allow them to get disconnected. on FIVE!!! occasions in the past 12 months Rogers has disconnected our phones for non-payment 10-15 days AFTER the bill has been paid in full. FIVE TIMES!!! on another occasion, we had a potential new customer call us and leave a voice mail to call him back. they wanted us to come in and discuss a contract offer - $2200.00 per month. the guy left us a first name and a phone number - no business name (we caretake condo buildings so no real company names, he was president of the condo board). we checked the voice mail and saved the message (we were in the middle of mowing the grass at a condo complex so we were planning to call him when we finished). an hour later we tried to retrieve the voice mail only to find that the voice mail was no longer working. when i called and asked them why it wasn't working they said that we had ordered our voice mail turned off!!! when i informed them that i had NOT ordered it turned off, they investigated and found that they had turned off the voice mail to the WRONG PHONE NUMBER!! it was someone with one number different than ours. they turned it back on and i tried to retrieve the message from the new client. it was gone. i called rogers back and was told that the message was irretrievable. the potential client assumed that we did not want the business he was offering and went elsewhere because we had no way to contact him thanks to rogers. the contract was worth more than $25,000 a year. rogers offered us nothing but an "oops, sorry" for the error. last month they double billed us. they billed us from Nov. 24 to Dec. 23 (which they were supposed to) but also for Dec. 24 to Jan. 23 with the bill due and payable by Dec. 21. I called (again!!) and asked why i was billed for 2 months instead of one and the smart ass on the other end said "oh we merged with Fido". i said "okay... but why was i billed for 2 months instead of one?" he replied "oh i'm sorry... i guess you have trouble hearing. let me try this again... weeeeee.... mmmmmeeeeerrrrggged..... wiiiiiith.... fiiiiiidoooooo..... did you get it that time?" now any of you who know me at all.... know that that was an invitation for me to tear the guy a new one... which i did. then i got his supervisor on the phone. she told me the same thing except that she went a bit further and explained that they had adopted Fido's practice of billing in advance and that this would be the only time i would get a double bill. i know other people with rogers and NONE of them got double billed. so, with all my past experience with rogers, i didn't totally buy what the supervisor was saying was right. so i paid half of the bill instead of the whole thing until i could look into it further. for an entire month i called rogers 3 times a week trying to get a straight answer. i was told that they did NOT merge with fido and that i was making up the story about being double billed. when i asked them to view the bill and see that i was double billed they told me the bill was not on their system and they couldn't look at it. then the next person i would get on the phone would say they COULD look at the bill but didn't see any double billing. then i'd get someone else who would say they COULD see the double billing but that it was a new billing practice and it would only happen once. these were not just flunkies i was talking to.... i demanded managers and supervisors. none of them had the same story. On tuesday of this week i got a new bill. surprise surprise... i was billed for the period of Dec. 24 to Jan. 23 AGAIN!! FINALLY... on wednesday of this week... after a full month of fighting... i got a guy named Dan on the line. just a regular customer service guy. i asked him to look at my last month's bill and his first words were "why did they bill you for two months and then bill you for the same month again this month??" HALLELUJAH!! SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!! Dan kindly reversed the double billing which still left me with an overdue balance of $57.00 (because i hadn't paid in full last month due to the screw up on the bill). I went on the internet and paid the $57 immediately while I still had Dan on the line. he recorded the transaction confirmation number and said that he marked the file paid so that they would quit threatening to shut us off. The following day (yesterday) we decided that we didn't want to do business this way any more so we signed up with another cell phone company. i then phoned rogers and cancelled our contract for one phone effective the end of january and basically changed the second phone to an answering machine directing clients to our new phone number. this took over an hour because the ditz on the other end kept trying to convince me to stay on board with rogers. FAT FUCKING CHANCE!! after we got the cancellation in place, she asked me about the $57 of arrears on the account stating that if we were suspended for non payment all of the work we had just done for the cancellation would be over ridden and the cancellation would be cancelled. I explained to her that it had been paid the day before and the note should be on the file. she checked and it was there. well guess what happened this morning. they cancelled us for non-payment!! i had to call rogers back, make them turn the phones back on (we need them til the end of the month) and then i had to spend nearly ANOTHER hour redoing all of the cancellation crap that i had just done the day before. what a happy camper i was!! >:-[ ... cancelling with rogers is a huge expense and inconvenience but, as i told the ditz, it's worth every penny and then some. we now have to do a mass mail out to all of our clients giving them the new number. we have to have new signs made, buy new phones, make new business cards, new letterhead, etc., AND pay the cancellation fee to rogers. in the end it will cost us more than $1000.00. we're considering a lawyer to make rogers pay it. they have never offered us a cent in compensation for the voice mail error that cost us more than $25,000.00 per year. now we have this crap to deal with.
    *scrolls up*

whew... this went long... lol

sorry for my rant everyone... but i figure everyone should have a heads up about this shitty company!!

*kisses 2cute with tongue*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*lisses 2*