Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR announced Tuesday that Tony Stewart has been fined $25,000 and penalized 25 Nextel Cup Series driver championship points, as a result of using inappropriate language during a post-race televised interview following his victory Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Stewart, driver of the No. 20 Chevrolet, retains his fifth-place standing in the series points, with his total points reduced to 2,599.

Stewart violated Section 12-4-A of the series rule book (actions detrimental to stock car racing) by using the inappropriate language.

"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands who pull for me every week and take all the [expletive] from everybody else," Stewart said to an ESPN reporter as he began to walk away.

The curse spoiled ESPN's return to NASCAR. Stewart is feuding with the network, which criticized him two weeks ago for saying he was going to drink a case of beer to celebrate his July 15 win in Chicago.

An ESPN analyst said later that Stewart was not a good role model, and Stewart has been reluctant to do interviews with its announcers. He participated in the post-race interview at the finish line, but it ended after he used the expletive.

He later criticized the network when asked if he would be celebrating the Indy win with another case of beer.

"I don't want anybody from ESPN talking about how irresponsible I am, even though it's legal to do everything I did," he said. "Heaven forbid you actually have fun in life."

In addition, Stewart's car owner, Joe Gibbs, has been penalized 25 car owner championship points because of the infraction.

---------------------------------------------

ok i think this is a lil bit of BS...so he said shit*RME* that was mild compared to what he could have said and where in the HELL does the ESPN people get off saying he's a bad influence cuz he was gonna drink a case of beer...my god he's 21!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

hell yeah he was...i'm PROUD to be a Stewart fan...even my mom who doesn't follow nascar at all thinks its crap that ESPN had to say he's a bad role model for sayin he was gettin a case of beer...Christ its not like he said hewas gonna get fucked up and drive around or get high. i highly doubt he was gonna drink that case alone or all in one sitting

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Tony carried himself well considering the BS (No pun intended) that ESPN is pulling...it seems the world is Gordon's oyster at the moment and everyone is focusing on Hendricks. I really am kinda tired of the Mickey Mouse show and love to see a clean well run race...Tony was rock solid!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactly...Jr. says he is going home to have beers after almost every race he finishes well in and nobody ******* about that. There is some serious bias going on!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

i think they don't like Tony as much because he's got such a temper or maybe they just like to rile him up for the stories they can get outta it cuz them riling him up gets his dander up and his temper takes over just like in his early years from how i've read....Tony needs to be like a duck with water...just let the shit roll off his backand bitch to Denny about it later*L*