Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is a list I found on Netscape of 10 Belly Flattening Foods. Most of us wonder what to eat to help with that problem. Well here is some things that can help... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Almonds - The MUFAs and vitamin E in almonds work together to cut cholesterol. Almonds are also a great source of vegetable protein and fiber.

Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of almonds over low-fat unsweetened yogurt and berries for an energizing morning meal.

Avocado - Avocados are a great source of heart-healthy MUFA. These delectable green orbs also contain more of the cholesterol-smashing beta-sitosterol (a beneficial plant-based fat) than any other fruit. Beta-sitosterol may reduce the amount of cholesterol absorbed from food. The Hass variety, grown principally in California, contains more MUFA than the Florida variety.

Mash a 1/4 cup Haas avocado with lime juice, salt, and pepper and serve with baked chips or raw vegetable.

Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate - Chocolate or more specifically, cocoa powder made from ground, defatted cocoa beans -- contains compounds that have the potential to protect against heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes and contains substantial amounts of antioxidants. Dark chocolate -- not milk or white -- contains as much antioxidant capacity as red wine.

Melt a 1/4 cup of dark or semi-sweet chocolate. Drizzle over fresh strawberries for a belly-flattening dessert.

Flaxseed Oil - Flaxseed oil is the best plant source of omega-3 fatty acids and helps reduce systemic inflammation, which researchers believe may lead to heart disease, cancer and Alzheimer's disease. Flaxseed oil should never be heated, so use in salad dressings or smoothies or as a condiment drizzled into vegetable soups. Look for cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil, and store in the refrigerator.

Stir 1 tablespoon into a smoothie as a healthy afternoon snack.

Macadamia Nuts - Eating nuts and seeds can yield heart-health benefits. Macadamia nuts also contain fiber to help with digestion and a small amount of the trace mineral selenium, an antioxidant that some studies show may help prevent cancer.

Crush 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts. Dip one 3-ounce portion of chicken breast or 4 ounce piece of fish in low-fat milk, then press nuts to adhere. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-20 minutes or until done.

Natural Peanut Butter - A serving of peanut butter has 3 mg of the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, 49 mg of bone-building magnesium, 208 mg of muscle-friendly potassium, and 0.17 mg of immunity-boosting vitamin B6. Research shows that eating peanuts?can decrease your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic health conditions.

Toss a half-cup cooked soba or other whole grain noodles with 3 ounces cooked shrimp, a few minced scallions, and 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper. Dress with a mixture of 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 2 tablespoons warm water and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. So long Chinese takeout.

Olive Oil - Olive oil is the best all around for cooking and salads because it contains mostly MUFA, which lowers "bad" LDL cholesterol without affecting "good" HDL cholesterol. Olive oil is also rich in antioxidants, which may help reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases. The greener the oil, the more antioxidants, so go for extra-virgin.

Basil pesto and sundried tomato paste are also good sources of olive oil, and make excellent pasta sauces and marinades.

Pistachios - Pistachios contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that help protect against age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness in the elderly. They may also help improve cholesterol levels.

Stir 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios into 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese with 2 teaspoons honey and 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips for a sweet snack.

Sunflower Seeds - Sunflower seeds are packed with B vitamins, which play an important role in protecting against inflammation. They are also an excellent source of vitamin E. Sunflower seeds are also great for curbing hunger.

Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of toasted sunflower seeds in your salad.

Walnuts - Like seafood and flaxseed, walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help protect your heart and preserve brain health.

Toast 2 tablespoons and sprinkle on your favorite salad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: Belly Flattening Foods

Along with protein powder, I use indian whey protein . My favorite flavor is honey/chocolate. They satisfy my cravings for chocolate sweetness and are extremely high in protein. They are good for the diet because the high fiber content helps with constipation and I think those calories are not really fully digested. If you replace them with food, you will really lose weight.

Junior Hostboard Member kevin51's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Belly Flattening Foods

Hello. Exhausting diets are certainly not for me, as I can't go without treats for long. Therefore, in order to keep my weight normal, I use supplement canada , which suits me very well. Due to their natural composition, they do not affect anything else. Moreover, I really like their effect. For my husband from this series, I also picked up some pretty good supplements. So we can say that we accept them with the whole family.