0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I got an email from briar today and it's not good news

Here is a caption from that email

"Saturday night my sweet Dustin went into a respiritory distress at the hospital. Eventually he was transfered to the Critical Care Unit. The tissue layers of the lungs were filled with fluid. He was immediatly sedated, paralyzed and put on the ventilator. This didn't seem to be doing anything for him. He was failing fast sunday afternoon. The Docs had a meeting with us to tell us they didn't know what caused this, but that the outcome was grave. In a last ditch effort to save his life, they hooked him up to an ossilator ventilator in hope that the pressure from this machine would inflate his lungs enough that he could actually receive oxygen. It took a while, but over time, it started to work. He has since shown some progress. He remains in critical condition. They are baffled as there was no warning that this was happening. They are saying its cronic lung disease, with unkown source. His outcome so they say is poor. But to me, any change in his condition is a change in the right direction. He is fighting with everything he has.

Today they might try to switch him to the original ventilator. This is good in one sence but terrifying in another. He has to be able to handle the regular ventilator to survive. Today, we hope and pray he will make the change succesfully.

My heart is completely broken, my nerves hang by a thin string. I am lost and wandering, not knowing where this is taking Dustin and I. I am terrified for the life of my little boy. I love him so much!!!! "

Those that know her, know of their struggle with leukemia and the ensuing bone marrow transplant.
    Please everyone..pray for them...they've been through hell and can use all the best wishes possible...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Wish Briars permission..here are her email addy's in case anyone wants to send notes of encouragement or best wishes their way

[email protected] or
    [email protected]

thank you everyone in advance

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Lily..sending mail...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

omg............ my thoughts and prayers tonite...are special...and headed towards Briar~ and Dustin....

THank you ...LiLy.....thank you [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

how trully sad....my thoughts and prayers are with Briar and her family tonight

CanadianGirl

my prayers and thoughts are with you briar and Dustin and her family [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hug.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lily...much appreciated...my heart is heavy and aching, as I wipe my tears. Both Dustin and briar have been through so much. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*sigh*..what do I say..I had the pleasure of meeting Dustin....in the hospital at sick kids..it was his 8th birthday..What an amazing little boy..

I'm so sorry judy..that he's having such a rough time..I wish there was something I could say..or do..that might help..

*hugs ya tight*..God Bless.My prayers are with you

Inactive Member ButterflyKisses's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just came in here...Haven't been here in months....And I read this...Being a mom myself...It broke my heart...I always have a candle lit for little dustin and for you judy...This will continue without fail...And every bit of my prayers will be sent to you both...With all my love!!!
    *Wraps you in my wings*
    BK
    aka Cherie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

-is just cryin now so pardon my typing-
    looks like my prayers are going out to more than one family today. Love you Judy! My prayers are with you and your little man! today and everyday!

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast