0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3 incredible people who are going to be missed tons by millions of people

d4b46f8a48d0a2d81db8e026451b

'They did everything for their kids'

Friends are remembering Bill and Sandra Smith as a couple who always did things together and made new friends along the way.

"I'd say, 'Don't you two do anything just for yourself?'" Jenn MacKenzie, 32, said last night at the first of three visitations for the couple and a daughter who died June 26 on a Virginia highway when their SUV and trailer hit a tractor-trailer.

Crystal Forth-Hill, 33, recalled hearing through the friend of a neighbour about these "wonderful people" she met while camping and how her family was arranging to go on another trip with that family. She was looking at pictures of the trip on Facebook and realized the couple was the Smiths.

"They were amazing people, very family oriented," she said. "They were unbelievable. They did everything for their kids."

The accident has touched many Hamiltonians and hundreds are expected at visitations at Cattel, Eaton and Chambers Funeral Home on Main Street, Dundas, today 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. The crash also killed their daughter Kaylee, 7. Daughter Madison, 9, suffered leg injuries and Genna, 3, a broken collarbone. Madison, in her leg cast, was at the visitation. Bill was an HSR bus driver and Sandra worked at Turkstra Lumber.

MacKenzie, who worked with Sandra at Beverly Tire, said Madison was a flower girl at her wedding and Bill took video. She recalled him running in and out of traffic to get the best shots of the newlyweds in a horse-drawn carriage.

"I'm going to miss them," said husband Ian MacKenzie, 34. "They were very genuine."

A private funeral is tomorrow. A trust fund has been set up at Hamilton Community Credit Union, account 3196800, Branch No. 828, Transit No. 21152

<font color="#2D7FD5" size="1">[ July 11, 2008 09:38 AM: Message edited by: CanadianGirl ]</font>