Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question government training

i started training for a government job this week...

be afraid...
    be [blink]very[/blink] afraid...

oh- not of me...of what i shall become with this half-ass training...here is an example (true) of a telephone convo i made to see where my training site would be beginning on a monday when the call went out on the friday before (i had to know where to go)..it is edited for space...

me: where is the training to be?
    her: not sure at this time...lemme look...i can't find it- you need to talk to "charlotte"

me: charlotte?
    her: affirmed..."charlotte"

me: does charlotte have a last name?
    her: lemme check....yes...last name "carolina"...seems like her middle name is "north"

me: i need to talk to charlotte north carolina?
    her: affirmed
    me: isn't that a city?
    her: isn't what a city?
    me: charlotte.
    her: lemme check...it may very well be also...affirmed.

*sigh* if i just had not broken and lost my yoyo string...maybe this would all be better...

dave in QC
    OZ never did give nothing to the Tinman, that he didn't already have.
    "Everything will be just fine in the end...so if things are not just fine...it's not the end."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Re: government training

sometimes i wonder if the entire world is like the people i interview about important things like taxes and health care and emercency services...they all want it to happen but don't want to be involved past calling 911...don't want "govenment" involved in their personal life untill they need help; food stamps; free medical...

are we all so shallow to think the things we need are to be handed to us? that we do not need to work and see the people-pay the price-and earn the right to be free?
    i'm finding why my faith in "people" is waining. we try to blame everyone else for our problems. we fail to take responsibility for our own lack of...you name it...

true to pogo: "we have met the enemy- and he is us."

dave the optimist turning ...optimisticless

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: government training

and the beat goes on...and on and on.

(but the milage pay is good!)

workin-for-da-man-dave
    "Everything will be just fine in the end...so if things are not just fine...it's not the end."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think our country is full of people who expect to be taken care of ...

my husband is a republican....he believes you go out there, work hard and do it yourself..... i came from a democratic family.... where you help others... who don't have it as good as you do..etc.

there is definitely a balance...thats for sure.... but i think after moving here, i see a diff angle a bit...and yano, im starting to agree... quit bitching about things people and do it for yourself....

i grew up middle class..... for a couple of years not very long ago, i was at the bottom of the heap...barely surviving..... for awhile. I've seen both sides... even when I was poor I still had the internet ( a LUXURY...) and drank McDonalds diet cokes (LUXURY)...

one thing remained the same throughout it all....i worked my ass off...to help myself....no hand outs... people need to do the same...... help themselves....

can you even imagine how strong our country would be if we all went back to the attitude right out of the depression....where the "haves" and "have nots"....were evident and it was accepted.... not this attitude of now where.....some think we should all be equal... we aren't, we never will be........ if you want something different....work towards it... don't hold out your hand....

DAve, not sure why i just barfed all that stuff. HOpe your new job is going well....
    good thing you have that disclaimer up there....cuz it says crazy or sane....... and well, i think that was a crazy moment =)

-slinks out-
    <a href="http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=118" target="_blank">[IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/blaze627/www-janosha-com193kermitani.gif[/IMG]</a><br />click that frog!<p>Freckle .... yes, freckle<p>get your PooP in a GrouP!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

not crazy at all ms. amy- you spoke it well...i took some time off and am down in florida soaking up the sun (YEAH LIKE THIS RED HEAD WON'T BURN)...just thinking of why i went back to work (economy) and hoping the "legs" hold up...never know til you try i reckon.

its strange how some people will give out personal info to get something free at walmart but the same info is "too personal" to give out to a sworn and bonded government employee with a great curbside manner (that would be moi). maybe next time they need food stamps or social security or a police officer they will think of this....but i highly doubt it.

tied to the whippin post dave

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

looks like the return to virginia was an omen.

was thinking of moving down to florida but...naaaaa-

the govt job seems to be winding down.
    life goes on obla dee obla doe.

thanks for listening.

losing weight at a scarey speed dave

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Post Re: government training

Too many hand outs too folks who don't need um wasteful spending etc..
    wavs at Dave and the demon....
    Where do you find the pms LOL?? Ohhhh my eyes you guys gettin' worse!!\Just shoot me!!
    <center>[IMG]http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v110/lovezdesignz/runbuck.gif[/IMG]<p><br /><a href="http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=1539" target="_blank">[IMG]http://www.members.aol.com:/hasgunforhire/crazyliarslogo.gif[/IMG]</a><p><br />"Progress is our most important product"</center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Re: government training

hey wild- the pm thingy is right under your name where it says- "welcome wild" top right corner of the home page.

*kicks dust* wish i had some pm's...

lonelydave

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, Father Dave.
    You last visited: Thursday 25th of June 2009 at 10:02 AM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 2.
    Thursday June 25, 2009 10:58:53 AM
    HostBoard Control Panel

see???