Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow...I think I just felt the baby move. It was like a little flutter. What an odd feeling. It's starting to become more and more real. I'm gonna be a Mom. And I still can't imagine it. Funny how things work sometimes. It would be nice if things would level out though. My body isn't adjusting very well. And with all the other issues Daniel and I are dealing with right now it is hard to stay calm and collected. Such as life. I think I am going to go and try and get some sleep since I am not feeling to good at the moment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I was in for two days because I got the really severe stomach flu that is going around and got way to dehydrated. From what the doctor said being pregnant makes it worse since you require just that much more fluid and food intake. I feel a lot better now though. Still really tired. When I was in the hospital my blood pressure dropped down to 85/55. I don't think it has ever done that. Since the pregnancy I have been fighting with high blood pressure and migraines again.So seeing my blood pressure drop that low was kind of a shock. I had a total of 7 bags of IV fluids over the course of two days. This is going to be another one of those times where I am not going to want to see chicken noodle soup for a good long time...LOL. When it is all you can eat you just get really tired of it really fast. I miss pizza and enchiladas and stuff...LOL. Anyway, Daniel got me this really cute stuffed animal that is a cat with the saddest eyes that is adorable. He got it for me when I was in the hospital. They had me on so much promethazine for the nausea and stuff that I started getting really edgy and restless. That and I just couldn't get very much sleep. Hospitals are definately not a good place to try and sleep. By the time you get tired enough to sleep you are being woken up to have your vitals taken again. Anyway, if any of you get the flu and it lasts more than a few days go get checked. That way you can avoid a possible hospital visit. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Okay well...I went to the OBGYN on Friday and I have to start a 24-hour urine sample thing today because I am starting to spill protein in my urine which is a possible sign of toxemia. I am only 4 months pregnant. They raised my blood pressure medication to 400mg twice a day too because my blood pressure is still high. I am having a lot of problems with my back and swelling in my ankles in feet. I am also gaining weight from retaining A LOT of water. So anyway, I may be on complete bedrest shortly. And that is gonna suck. I have a really nasty cold at the moment too so I am pretty miserable. I am really tired and cold and just feel blah. It's like someone drained all the energy I had left. Anyway, so far we don't really have any plans for New Years'. I am kind of in a stay home mood. Anyway, I think I am going to go lay down again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Sighs* Okay I spent most of this morning being bounced around from one hospital to the next. I started spotting a little and cramping really bad which kept getting worse. So of course I called my OBGYN and he told me to go to the birthing center at the hospital here and so I did. Well on their little wwheel thing that they calculate dates by they said I lacked a couple days of being 20 weeks so my baby was "not viable" and I would have to go to the ER. Okay the last few times I have been to the ER here in Mac they haven't even bothered to check the baby out or have basically told me I am fine and sent me home without really doing anything. Or they just refuse to treat me based on the fact that I am pregnant and say it is "unethical" for them to treat me for anything because I am pregnant. So, since I had to go to the hospital in a neighboring town to get checked out and they actually care about the people that go there and will actually check you out I am looking at having to change doctors just to be able to have my baby at that hospital. How can you just look at someone and tell them "sorry but you aren't far enough along for the baby to be viable so we can't help you."??? *Sighs* Just one more headache to deal with. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow...one more day and we have the ultrasound to find out if we are having a Cian or an Ember. I think it's gonna be a girl. Just a feeling. Anyway, the migraines have gotten so bad that the neurologist not only put me back on a preventative but put me back on the other medication I took with it before as well. That and he refused to sign off on the pain contract that the Mac hospital wants to do so I basically can't go to the McMinnville hospital to be treated for a migraine. Oh well...hopefully the combination of the 2 preventatives will kick in here soon and will finally nix the problem. People who don't get migraines don't really fully understand exactly how painful and severe they really are and how debilitating. Anyway, I am getting really tired of being treated like a Gawd damned drug addict when I am the one taking the steps to resolve the problem. The doctors are the ones giving me the run around and passing me off. Anyway, I am betting once the baby is born my blood pressure will go back to normal and the migraines will go away again. The year before I got pregnant my migraines went away and I just didn't have to take anything for them anymore because I stopped getting them. Once I got pregnant all the hormonal changes and the medication they put me on for anxiety which was an anti-de[ressant triggered them again. Come to find out the medication they put me on that was an anti-depressant's main side effect was none other than headaches and so I was put on the preventative for the migraines. Well I reached a certain dosage on the preventative and the migraines got really bad. Come to find out there is a moderate drug interaction between the anti-depressant and the preventative so I was told to stop the anti-depressant and put on a different medication in conjunction with the preventative. And now they are starting to level off. I still think this is going to be my one and only baby. My feet and ankles and even my toes are swelling really bad. My ankles are the size of a large grapefruit at the moment. I swear...I am hating life because I can't stand or walk very long. I probably don't even want to know what they are going to tell me on Tuesday. Incidentally that is the day I switch to my new OBGYN too. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12