Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*HUGS* The falling dreams have a myth surrounding them that if you dream you are falling and actually hit the bottom you are going to die soon. I have hit bottom almost every time I have had that dream since I was really young and I am still among the land of the living. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Running

To dream that you are running away from someone, indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears.

To dream that you are trying to run but cannot make your feet move as fast as you want them to, signifies lack of self-esteem and self-confidence. It may also reflect your actual state of REM paralysis while in the dream state.

To dream that you are running alone, signifies that you will advance to a higher position and surpass your friends in the race for wealth. Alternatively, you may be running from some situation or from temptation.

To dream that you are running with others, signifies festive and prosperous times.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It may also reflect your actual state of REM paralysis while in the dream state.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do have sleep paralysis and this may explain why I have those dreams so often. It is weird to wake up and be unable to move for a few minutes no matter how hard you try, lie and wait for something to touch your body so it recognizes it time to wake up!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh I hate that. Every great once in a while my entire body will go to sleep and I am stuck not being able to move.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*smiles at Cherrysis*... everyone is paralyzed during their REM sleep, partially. Your body probably overproduces the chemical that causes this to happen. I believe they make medication for this, though i'm not sure what it is exactly. It's a RBD, ooops, REM behavior disorder, lol, when you have sleep paralysis once you've awakened from REM. I've heard that it is a frightening feeling. Lots of people just think they're nuts or something, lol, or still dreaming and just thinking they are awake. You'd be suprised at home many people hear voices before they fall asleep as well... including myself, lol... another type of disorder, yet completely normal. I've had it for as long as i can remember. Sometimes it's people having a conversation that you aren't a part of.. like a dream... only you're not asleep... nor are you truly totally awake. Most of the time, i will just be laying there, and hear someone whisper my name. A voice that is sort of familiar, but one that i can't place. I used to think that was totally insane before i started working in the field of sleep sciences. LOL. More than 50% of people interviewed checkmark yes when asked if they ever hear voices just before they fall asleep. *L*.. it's a...are you ready for this? hehehe... a hypnogognic hallucination. woooo, that sounds important! *G*... ANYWAY. lol. back to the point... i've always heard that you can't move at all until something touches you. from what you said before, it sounds like that's true.... fkn crazy, i can imagine what it's like the first time THAT happens! *L*

i think it would be awesome to be able to SEE what people are dreaming... lol. Cable? who needs cable, hahaha, high drama right on your computer screen if you're a sleep tech! but alas, i can't see them. Only when the person is in REM and having them.

*chuckles*... i always delight in telling new hires this.... the entire time men are in REM sleep and dreaming, they have an erection... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] lol. it's true! that's how we do studies for impotence. I mean to see if there's a physical cause, or if it's a mental issue for the guy... if he doesn't pop a boner in REM, he's got faulty equipment.... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was absolutely terrifying the first 2 times it happened. Your body feels like dead weight and it seemed as if I wasn't breathing which caused my heart to speed up as I tried in vain to open my eyes....AND on some occasions I can literally see through my eyelids...Sound bizarre but I could see my boys playing just a few feet from me even though I couldn't get my eyes open, my brain was producing a perfect picture. It is also very odd that something gentle like a fly landing or a breeze will automatically awaken the body (most times with a jolt). Anymore I just try to meditate my way through it.
    I have always had sleep issues...as a child I fell out of bed on a nightly basis and walked in my sleep weekly. I found myself outside the house more than once. I have always had a terrible time falling asleep as well. The older I got the better I became at vivid dreaming, telling myself to wake when the dream became to much to bare and floating along when I was somewhere I didn't want to leave!!!

Sounds like a really cool job [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] erections and all!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually dream in color. That and most of my dreams are very vivid and feel like I am right there. I have a tendency to dreamwalk where my spirit travels and my physical body is still here. Now that sounds odd.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YES!!! Mine are so lovely (most times) that I really DO NOT want to wake up EVER??? I really believe I am missing something bigger...cause seriously sleeping for ever??? It feels like I am Keanu in the pd from Matrix.

OR like this...(forgive me cough syrup keeps me up) clears my cjest but makes my head wander!!!

Going Under:

Now I will tell you what I've done for you -
    50 thousand tears I've cried.
    Screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you -
    And you still won't hear me.
    (going under)
    Don't want your hand this time - I'll save myself.
    Maybe I'll wake up for once (wake up for once)
    Not tormented daily defeated by you
    Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom

I'm dying again

I'm going under (going under)
    Drowning in you (drowning in you)
    I'm falling forever (falling forever)
    I've got to break through
    I'm going under

Blurring and stirring - the truth and the lies.
    (So I don't know what's real) So I don't know what's real and what's not (and what's not)
    Always confusing the thoughts in my head
    So I can't trust myself anymore

I'm dying again

I'm...

So go on and scream
    Scream at me I'm so far away (so far away)
    I won't be broken again (again)
    I've got to breathe - I can't keep going under

I'm dying again

I'm going under (drowning in you)
    I'm going under

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooh...what song is that???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Going Under By EvanEssence...Their first Cd was really awesome... but the newer one sounded too much like the first. I love that song, I listen to it when I miss my dad (he has mental problems)and I haven't seen him since before Ty was born.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast