Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As of May 2nd he is up to 4lbs 1oz and is taking a half liter of oxygen. They are trying to wean him out of his isolette and when they tried feedin him a bottle he took about 2 sips and fell asleep. The other day when we gave him his first bottle he took about a quarter of it and then got tired. So he's making progress slowly but surely. It looks like he will possibly be home in 3 to 4 weeks. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He is precious....and I can't wait to have him home!!! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YEAH! *HUGS* ya tight! I know how it feels to
    leave them there and go home without them. It is
    hard and hurts so bad!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is great news! *VBS*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All the well wishes and good thoughts help. I just can't wait to have my baby home with me. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I called up to check on him around 7pm 5/4/08 our time, and he now weighs 1964 grams which is around 4lb 5.5 oz.

He is requiring somewhere between 25-35% oxygen at .5L of air an hour.

He is completely off all meds as of friday (i.e. caffeine, etc).

He is also in a regular bassonet instead of the incubator, which means he is able to regulate his own body temp like a reg baby would.

Out of a total feed of 40cc given over 3 hrs, he has been able to bottle feed between 5-10 cc.

They said that he is doing very well, and that it is normal for him to fluctuate since he was so premature.

Another interesting note I thought I should add:

He had very fast heart rates (190-200 bpm) which the neonatal Dr.'s thought was a result of withdrawal and possibly a side effect of some meds Kristin was taking when they were giving him breast milk during the past few weeks.

At the same time, they were giving Kian doses of medical grade caffeine to aid with his breathing. His dose of caffeine would be equal to us drinking 3-4 cups of coffee and trying to settle down *LOL*. When they took him of the caffeine on friday, his heart rate slowed to normal which is somewhere around 150-160 bpm.

Not sure where their logic was with that one. I know I don't dare give kristin more then 1 SMALL glass of coffee. If she drank that much caffeine, she would be bouncing like a jackrabbit on crack [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Guess it makes sense that like mother like son at least in that respect. Note to self: No coffee for Kian ! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok as of 5/6/08 12:18am PST Kian weighed 4lb 8.5 oz. He is on .25 Liter air flow an hour running between 30-40% oxygen in the mix, and he is taking 44cc over 3 hours of formula. Everything else is the same. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#6D3D57" size="1">[ May 06, 2008 07:19 AM: Message edited by: phoenixrising79 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe how fast he is gaining the weight. It's all good though. The sooner he can bottle feed at an acceptable level for the doctors and isn't requiring the oxygen anymore he should be able to come home because he is already holding his body temp. When Daniel called he was kinda cranky cause when they increase the feeds the little guys usually get kind of constipated so Kian was kind of constipated and not exactly happy. I can only imagine what they meant when they said he wasn't exactly happy because usually when they say that he is usually straight pissed off. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay...new monitor so I can now see the screen since the other one went completely black and blank. Anyway, Peanut is up to 4 pounds 13 ounces. Everything else is the same but he's doing really good and gaining weight. The night before he was between 4 pounds 10 ounces and 4 pounds 11 ounces. So he seems to be gaining 1 to 3 ounces a day. But if he was still growing inside me that is what he would be gaining so he is doing what he should be. And he's just so damn cute. Anyway, we'll be going up to see him on Sunday since gas prices are getting outrageous here. I miss my baby. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok as of Wed (5/7/08) He weighed 2109 grams which is around 4lb 10 or 11 oz. He was on .25 Liters of air an hour with an Oxygen concentration of 60%. He is on 40cc every 3 hrs, and he took 20 cc the first feed by mouth, and the second feed he took 15 cc the second feed that evening.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast