Thread: New Strain of Common Cold (PLEASE READ)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I found this on a message board and thought it was important to share with everyone. So PLEASE read this!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Ok.....I was told at work......a new strain of the common cold....there is no protection against it but good handwashing....the CDC is very alarmed about this strain.

Its a Mutated version of the cold....I am going to be more in depth about it now that Every One seems to want to know about it....
    A mutated version of a common cold virus has caused 10 deaths in the last 18 months, U.S. health officials said Thursday.
    Adenoviruses usually cause respiratory infections that aren't considered lethal. But a new variant has caused at least 140 illnesses in New York, Oregon, Washington and Texas, according to a report issued Thursday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The illness made headlines in Texas earlier this year, when a so-called boot camp flu sickened hundreds at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. The most serious cases were blamed on the emerging virus and one 19-year-old trainee died.

"What really got people's attention is these are healthy young adults landing in the hospital and, in some cases, the ICU," said Dr. John Su, an infectious diseases investigator with the CDC.

In the CDC report, the earliest case of the mutated virus was found in an infant girl in New York City, who died last year. The child seemed healthy right after birth, but then became dehydrated and lost appetite. She died 12 days after she was born.

Tests found that she been infected with a form of adenovirus, called Ad14, but with some little differences, Su said.

It's not clear how the changes made it more lethal.

Right Now..10 cases in Arkansas...all Died...I was informed there has been 2 known cases in Canada.....I dont want to start any type of Hysteria....But the CDC doesnt seem to be informing the public....just people in the health field

so just keep washing your hands.....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

whatever i touch i have to wash my hands...thanks BMR for sharing that